Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 528

Yura, how do you think I can get the coefficient on the hourly chart over a period of 20 bars? How accurate would it be using this formula? Interesting point about the calculations on the Oanda site, how do they calculate? It's silly to write to the site admins, so I decided to ask the question here.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
Yura, how do you think I can get the coefficient on the hourly chart over a period of 20 bars? How accurate will it be using this formula? It is interesting the moment of calculations on the site of Oanda, how do they calculate? It is stupid to write to the site administrators, so I decided to ask a question here.

Silly of me to ask the question here, especially as I have nothing to do with Oanda.

Therefore, in order not to be called a fool, ask questions where they know the answer, rather than to a third party.

As for the link I gave, the algorithm there corresponds to the classical method of calculating Pearson's linear correlation coefficient.

Yury Reshetov:

It's silly to ask the question here, especially me, as I have nothing to do with Oanda.

I don't want to appear as a fool and I suggest to ask questions in a place where the answers are known, and not to third parties.

As for the link I gave, the algorithm corresponds to the classical method of calculating Pearson's linear correlation coefficient.

I see, thank you!

I asked you a question, as I'm an old timer in Forex, I thought you have tried correlation methods and I'm ready to share my experience.)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

You have also tried correlation methods, and are willing to share your experience.)

Only if you are ready to share this experience:

1. Let's take two currency pairs, which have positive CC (correlation coefficient) and whose CC is an unordered sequence
  2. If KK is an disordered sequence and decreased in the past, it means that it will increase in the future with about 2/3 probability. And if the positive QC is increasing, it means that the difference between the pairs will decrease, which means that one must buy the undervalued pair and sell the overvalued one.

Yury Reshetov:

Only if you are prepared to learn from this very experience:

1. Take two currency pairs that have a positive CC (correlation coefficient) and whose CC is an unordered sequence
  2. If KK is an disordered sequence and decreased in the past, it means that it will increase in the future with about 2/3 probability. And if the positive QC is increasing, it means that the difference between the pairs will decrease, which means that one must buy the undervalued pair and sell the overvalued one.
This is what I wanted to do, but I cannot determine the correlation coefficient at this moment in time for my selected pairs - I have no formula and no idea how to calculate it correctly. Thanks for the link, I will try to analyse it in the evening.

Sergey Gritsay:
You can ask.
Here are the EAs you fixed for me (I'm pasting them), here's the indicator by which they were written (I'm pasting it). In this indicator there is a parameter "RISK". Can you add this parameter to my EAs?

Hello I have encountered this problem!!!

the indicator on pressing the button

draws one level down (the indicator then sees it)

if pressed

draws one more level down from this one (the indicator does not see more levels)

it does not remove them if I press it, although it sees all previous levels

but the main thing is that it sees levels drawn upwards by pressing the same button

there can be any number of levels and sees them all

the same function does not see the levels downwards but does see the levels upwards

it helps to reload the indicator, then it keeps drawing the levels it has not seen before

help what it may be?

Thank you

demonoid123000:
Here are the EAs you fixed for me (I'm pasting them), here's the indicator by which they were written (I'm pasting). In this indicator has a parameter "RISK". Can you add this parameter to my EAs?

I don't quite understand what you want, more details please

Yury Reshetov:

Only if you are prepared to adopt this very experience:

1. Take two currency pairs that have a positive CC (correlation coefficient) and whose CC is an unordered sequence

That is an interesting idea by the way. Have you tested it? The only thing I don't understand is, what is an unordered sequence?

Vasiliy Sokolov:

The only thing I don't understand is, what is an unordered sequence?

See From criticism of the concept of randomness to the concept of disorderedness
От критики концепции случайности к концепции неупорядоченности | Reshetov & Co
От критики концепции случайности к концепции неупорядоченности | Reshetov & Co
  • yury-reshetov.com
Речь идёт о публикациях посвященных концепции случайности, например: [1], [2], [3] и [4] и др., а также о многочисленных лекциях. Всякое объяснение концепции зачастую начинается с якобы "имеющей место проблемы" классической теории вероятностей: Предположим, что имеются четыре субъекта и каждый из них подбросил монетку двадцать раз, записав...
Reason: