MetaTrader 5 on a live account - page 7

Konstantin83:

... And they say that a trader must control his emotions)

Right. A trader must also be able to distinguish emotion from opinion. So that there is something to control.

I had the opportunity to talk to one of the brokers about opening an account and they were talking about MT5 real accounts. I talked to one of the brokers about opening an MT5 account with real money, and they say, "We do not know when exactly MT5 will be available, but it will probably be in the summer or even autumn of 2011" I wonder where did this information come from? I would like to know from the developers how true it is... Specific dates are not important, just want to know, is it true to wait another six months, or it will still happen sooner?
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

Mal4iwka:
I had the opportunity to talk to one of the brokers about opening an account and they were talking about MT5 real accounts. I talked to one of the brokers about opening an MT5 account with real money, and they say, "We do not know when exactly MT5 will be available, but it will probably be in the summer or even autumn of 2011" I wonder where did this information come from? I would like to know from the developers how true it is... Specific dates are not important, just want to know if it's true to wait another six months, or will it still happen sooner?
It depends solely on the broker. I already have a brokerage company that uses MT5 for real trading and they launched it in late 2010, either in October or in November, I don't remember exactly.

sergey1294:
That depends solely on the broker. Well there is a broker who let us use MT5 for real trading and they launched it in late 2010, either in October or in November, I don't remember exactly.
I meant more or less serious brokers, with one of them I accidentally mentioned this issue and was very surprised with the answer.

Yes, like Alpari, FXCM. When will MT even have a Final release? What are brokers waiting for, I take it the platform is not fully ready yet?

Ichor:
Yes, like Alpari, FXCM. When will MT even have a Final release? What are brokers waiting for, I take it the platform isn't quite ready yet?
"Final" is two years away. Specific questions, when and why - this is for specific brokers/CCs (as each specific broker determines the degree of readiness of the terminal for the real world).

All in good time. More than 50 companies have already bought the MetaTrader 5 platform.

Some companies have already started the real work. The rest are also in the process of integrating into their processes. The different approach in the trading model requires a major restructuring of brokers' work.

Renat: 2010.11.24

On MetaTrader 5 API:

• MetaTrader 5 Gateway API released six months ago
  • MetaTrader 5 Server API released a couple of weeks ago
  • MetaTrader 5 Manager API to be released in the coming weeks
  • MetaTrader 5 Web API to be released in the coming weeks
  • MetaTrader 5 Client API to be released in the coming months

Yes, actually brokers have a major delay in integrating MetaTrader 5 into their own existing back offices. We did not release all APIs in time and now we are making up for it.

MetaTrader 5 Manager API

MetaTrader 5 Web API

MetaTrader 5 Client API

Can I ask what is in progress or has it already been developed?

Mal4iwka:
I had the opportunity to talk to one of the brokers about opening an account and they were talking about MT5 real accounts. When I talked to one of the brokers about opening an MT5 account for real money, I got interested to know the exact terms of the launch of the MT5 for real accounts, but it is possible that this will happen in the summer or even autumn of 2011. I wonder where did this information come from? I would like to know from the developers how true it is... Specific dates are not important, just want to know if it's true to wait another six months, or will it still happen sooner?
Consider my answer as IMHO, the brokers are waiting for the championship results. The preparation for the championship is a brainstorming session, which will give an opportunity to catch (grind out, now rare), weaknesses. The championship itself is a crash test for the platform. We can judge from the past that at that time MT5 was too early to be allowed on the real. But in half a year a lot of work has been done. So brokers are rather waiting for a new crash test. And if most of the EAs put up for participation reach the end without crashing, that will be the best example of the platform's readiness.

The brokers are simply dealing with their internal back offices, which have required a major redesign since the change in trading ideology. The server, datafeed, gateway and manager api are ready and have been available to them for a long time.

Even more brokers are waiting for the traders: the traders will insist, so in a month all brokers will introduce MT5. In fact, many brokers have come to MetaTrader 4 ready. Now they are waiting for us to prepare the new market with MetaTrader 5 users, so they can use it without any extra expenses.

Brokers' references to technical issues are only a distraction. The main thing is to have a ready market where they personally do not need to invest money.

Accordingly, we are not only creating the platform, but we are also explicitly growing the market - we are creating the infrastructure around MetaTrader 5 and MQL5.
Reason: