Optimisation in the Strategy Tester - page 14

marker:

I have a feeling more about Alpari and their errors. It has to be done with them.

1. I'm talking about MT5 quotes history, I won't say anything about MT4 quotes correctness.

My personal experience and the experience of many forum members showed that Alpari's history quality for most symbols leaves much to be desired (at least it did until recently).

At the same time developers, when they detect various bugs on their server, they quickly fix them - something the Alpari administration often does not ask for.

If there is a discrepancy in the results between servers I trust the MQ server more (one problem, there is no diversity of symbols).

PS

MQ will at least show gold, silver, oil and major indices (I'm not talking about expanding the list of currencies. For example the necessary CADJPY, I have never waited for it).

2. Logically, if a real account is opened in a certain brokerage company, it also should be tested in that company. But as I remember MT5 is demo only.

Or am I wrong?

Interesting:

I'm talking about MT5 quotes history, not about MT4 quotes correctness.

My personal experience and the experience of many forum members showed that Alpari's history quality for most symbols leaves much to be desired (at least it did until recently).

At the same time developers, when they detect various bugs on their server, they quickly fix them - something the Alpari administration often does not ask for.

If there is a discrepancy in the results between servers I trust the MQ server more (one problem, there is no diversity of symbols).

If you do not know the difference between the server and the MQ, then you should use the MQ server. For example I tried to use my Arabic script as an alternative to MT5 but I never tried to buy it, I never tried to buy it with some traders, I never tried to buy it with my own money.

"But as far as I remember MT5 is only represented as a demo in Alpari.

Or am I wrong?" - that's right, only demo, nord has a real one on mt5. But Alpari has the same quotes on demo on mt4 and on mt5.

marker:

"But as far as I remember MT5 has only been presented as a demo at Alpari so far.

Or am I wrong?" - that's right, only the demo, nord has a real one on mt5. But alparians on mt4 and on mt5 have the same quotes on demos.

I can't say for sure, I haven't worked with their server since the start of the Championship.

Previously there were problems just with swaps, quality of minute bars and general trading environment setup.

Maybe they corrected their mistakes, who knows...

I see, in general, the history of kotir is also quite a hot topic.

marker:

And another tricky question for MT developers, which tester works more correctly MT4 or MT5?

MetaTrader 5 has a much better tick generator due to M1 history, spreads within minutes and more detailed tick simulation within minutes.

It has very high accuracy.

Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 позволяет во встроенном тестере стратегий моделировать автоматическую торговлю с помощью экспертов на языке MQL5. Такое моделирование называется тестированием экспертов, и может проводиться с использованием многопоточной оптимизации и одновременно по множеству инструментов. Для проведения тщательного тестирования требуется генерировать тики на основе имеющейся минутной истории. В статье дается подробное описание алгоритма, по которому генерируются тики для исторического тестирования в клиентском терминале MetaTrader 5.

I just remembered. If you are interested, you can see the article Tick Generation Algorithm in MetaTrader 5Strategy Tester

Renat:

MetaTrader 5 has a much better tick generator due to the presence of M1 history, spreads within minutes and more detailed tick simulation within minutes.

It has very high accuracy.

MT4 had "all ticks" too, but spreads have really improved, I read an article on tick modelling but didn't understand much there :)

Yedelkin:

I just remembered. If you are interested, you can see the article Tick Generation Algorithm in MetaTrader 5Strategy Tester

Read it, read it :))

Renat:

Take a sensible approach to your search, but don't twist the knobs to the max in "Russian men break a Japanese chainsaw" mode.

As soon as you start applying genetic optimization to real work, you'll immediately start choosing reasonable limits.

:o) yes, our man checks everything at once. What if the harness fails in battle?

In the sawdust and to the sounds of a Japanese chainsaw I had a premonition that your chromosome is coded with a single variable like long.

If you were to apply dynamic long-type array to such task, it would probably change a lot. Provided the slowest function in FF, it wouldn't screw up the algorithm too much. But the truth is, without having untested the algorithm itself, it's hard to say how hard it would be to redo.

Reason: