MetaEditor. Problems and solutions. - page 5

marketeer:

There are a ton of little things like that. And I don't write about the non-metals, because the answer is that we are not going to change anything (including the bugs), and that's it.

Do not go too far.

Visual Studio has a plugin(VassistX) that, among other things, highlights user-defined types, including classes, in colour when an instance of the class is initialised. Is it possible for developers to add class highlighting in colour to MetaEditor in future builds?

Here's what to make it look like:

// Определяем класс
class MyAdvisor
  {
public:
   void OpenPosition(long  dir);
... // bla-bla-bla
  };
// Используем класс
MyAdvisor advisor; // теперь тип MyAdvisor выделен цветом
advisor.OpenPosition(dir); // теперь экземпляр класса MyAdvisor выделен цветом 
                           // теперь метод OpenPosition выделен цветом
Visual Assist
Visual Assist
  • reviews: 298
  • visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com
Sign in to write a review   I am a student and Visual Assist X has been invaluable in increasing my productivity. Whether I'm working on my Data Structures class work or my year long game project class. Not only that, Whole Tomato is an amazing company and has great customer support. I can't recommend them any higher...

As in 4, metaeditor may overwrite the currently edited code file in case of a power failure or unexpected computer shutdown (file handling is a sore subject for developers in general, somehow file operations they never tra-la-pam-pam).

If you noticed the loss of code and you do not want to lose the results of long-term work, this trouble has a solution. For goodness sake, the editor "littered" the disk with editable code unnoticed. You may scan the disk to find the freshest code fragment.

But you need a program that can access the disk on the physical level. Here I can not recommend anything, because for many, many years I use a very old program, but I think to find such a program is not a problem.

I have Ctrl+F7, when working with Expert Advisor without errors in the code, the error listing is 40 kilobytes long.

The main file is mq5, classes are in mqh. Every mqh is processed, despite the fact that these files are not intended to be compiled, but are built in mq5.

Should I translate the code into files with other extensions or is there another solution to this problem?

gip:

If you notice that code is missing and you don't want to lose the results of a long run, there is a solution to this problem. For the good of the editor, it is unnoticeable that it "littered" the disk with editable code. By scanning the disk you may find the freshest copy of a code fragment.

The main thing is to try to restore the file at once, because it can be overwritten by anything, from browser cache to defragmentation. :)

it's hard to recover... it's best to keep a copy at all times!

maryan.dirtyn:
It's hard to recover... it's better to keep a copy!
maryan.dirtyn:
recovery is difficult... it's better to keep a copy always!

Depending on where you want to restore. It is easier to always keep a copy on disk (if possible, also on flash drives).

PS

By the way, if you work from a flash drive, you can almost always recover the data (if you notice it in time).

How about introducing periodic auto-saving of the edited file ?

Can corrupt exactly the saved file. I've had it corrupt the file from the current page. I can't remember the reason in 4, it was a long time ago, but in 5, after the blue screen, the file was empty. The blue screen was me messing with the drivers. But the saved file opened in the editor should not be affected in this case, it's somewhere in the logic of the editor.

I had a flash drive die right before the championship... the day before... obviously along with the advisor... if it hadn't been for a copy of.... It would have been very, very sad.
Reason: