Optimization on a dual-processor computer

Good day to all.

Can you advise, who met, who bother, studied the topic on the possibility and feasibility of acquiring a dual-processor computer with a large number of threads for optimization? The question of acquiring a computer and thought occurred to me, but something inside me, primal, primitive, suggests that the implementation of such a project is not successful.

There is no such software to make two CPUs merge their threads and direct them to perform calculations.

And optimise in the µl cloud ?

I do a lot of optimisation. I now have three computers linked together, saving me 6 times the time. But the question is torturing me, that's why I can't find any peace)

Sergei Makarevich:
I do a lot of optimisation. I now have three computers on the grid connected, saves time 6 times. But tortured by the question, that's why I can't find peace)

The question is whether we play a lot or trade a lot.

As many cores, as many optimisation passes are performed at the same time. How to increase the number of cores is not crucial.

I want to buy a dual processor mother with an E5 2678 V3 CPU. Each CPU is 2.5 GHz 12 cores. There are 48 threads in total. My question is whether MT5 will use all 48 threads during optimization or it also depends on other software? The computer is not for gaming, I need local computing power.

Sergei Makarevich:
I want to buy a dual processor mother with an E5 2678 V3 CPU. Each CPU is 2.5 GHz 12 cores. There are 48 threads in total. My question is whether MT5 will use all 48 threads during optimization or it also depends on other software? My question is - will MT5 use all 48 threads or does it depend on other software?
It will be used, the main thing is to have enough RAM

The tester's passages are limited, aren't they?

I'm picking up the thread with some friendly advice. If you want to buy a computer, I suggest looking at the ppc64le architecture, after and including the power 8 version of the architecture has open source code in all hardware firmware. Thus giving maximum security. While the 86 architecture from intel and amd manufacturers has the possibility of a hardware backdoor (you may want to check out the amd Platform Security Processor, Intel Management Engine). Current version of the architecture is power 9, with 10 coming soon. All hardware is powerful, suitable for optimization. I recommend to run Windows applications not through emulator, but through virtual machine. Fewer bugs, though a bit more computationally expensive. If you have a lot of money, you can buy an ibm box from ~$8000. If little, you can buy a Raptor Talos 2 from ~$1700 for the weakest kit, a single-socket mother-core. The optimal solution is to get a raptor, a dual-socket mother and 2 CPUs of 22 cores each. Getting back to the topic of optimization. I have this question. Building up processing power in a serious way, tester pass limitation will interfere, how do I get around it? Is there any other optimization software? A cursory search didn't yield any results.

pribludilsa:
Raising the topic with some friendly advice. If you want to buy a computer, I advise to have a look at ppc64le architecture, after power 8 architecture version it has open code in all hardware firmware. Thus giving maximum security. While the 86 architecture from the manufacturers intel and amd has the possibility of a hardware backdoor (you may want to know what is the amd Platform Security Processor, Intel Management Engine). Current version of the architecture is power 9, with 10 coming soon. All hardware is powerful, suitable for optimization. I recommend to run Windows applications not through emulator, but through virtual machine. Fewer bugs, though a bit more computationally expensive. If you have a lot of money, you can buy an ibm box from ~$8000. If little, you can buy a Raptor Talos 2 from ~$1700 for the weakest kit, a single-socket mother-core. The optimal solution is to get a raptor, a dual-socket mother and 2 CPUs of 22 cores each. Getting back to the topic of optimization. I have this question. Building up processing power in a serious way, tester pass limitation will interfere, how do I get around it? Is there any other optimization software? A cursory search didn't yield any results.

Don't mess with the man's head ) 8k quid for a comp...

At ali a set like this $260 DDR4 Dual X99 Placa base con 2011-3 XEON E5 2620 V3 * 2 con 2*8GB = 16GB 2400MHz REG ECC is 24 cores, no way to load anything at home. A single-processor one will cost 150 quid. If you take a more expensive proces under this socket can be up to 44 threads, about 1000$ for the CPU, but it is the very top.

Андрей:

Don't mess with the man's head ) 8k quid for a comp...

At ali a set like this $260 DDR4 Dual X99 Placa base con 2011-3 XEON E5 2620 V3 * 2 con 2*8GB = 16GB 2400MHz REG ECC is 24 cores, no way to load anything at home. A single-processor one will cost 150 quid. If you take a more expensive proces under this socket can be up to 44 threads, about 1000$ for the CPU, but it is the very top.

I always thought that computing power is not measured in threads or cores... In terms of price the power 9 is almost the same as the 86 if you compare models of similar power. So, to put it in your vocabulary, before you mess with people's heads on a forum, learn what the number of operations per second is and what benchmarks are so you don't look like you are now. And when you do, I'll be happy to see you in the discussion of the topic.
Reason: