Artificial Intelligence 2020 - is there progress? - page 60

Dmitry Fedoseev:
Are you sure this is true and not a story for liquidation?
What does liquidation have to do with it, and... what difference does it make?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

There is no biofield, no chakras, no energy channels?

By these terms everyone understands something different, therefore it is impossible to answer unequivocally).

The lack of scientific research into physical phenomena around a subject as a result of his psychic life does not prove the absence of these phenomena, but it does allow for doubt.

Реter Konow:
What does liquidation have to do with it, and... what's the difference?

This reduces the credibility of Manteca Chia, as he indiscriminately gives instructor certificates to everyone. It also diminishes the authority of all the other instructors who conduct classes based on the Manteca Chia methodology. And also generally undermines the credibility of the system.

And elimination... You probably are not on the subject, but the Christian church is asleep and dreams that all of this disappears and the whole parish goes to them. And they are doing very serious work in this regard.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

This reduces the credibility of Manteca Chia, as he indiscriminately gives instructor certificates to everyone. It also diminishes the authority of all the other instructors who conduct classes based on Manteca Chia methods. And also generally undermines the credibility of the system.

And elimination... You probably are not on the subject, but the Christian church is asleep and dreams that all of this disappears and the whole parish goes to them. And they are doing very serious work in this regard.

Reading about Mantek Chia on Wikipedia:

"Known as a populariser of Taoist sexual practices. Mantek Chia's philosophy aims to reinterpret traditional Taoist sexual teachings in a modern context in order to provide these teachings in an accessible form for a Western audience.

To better understand how healing energy works, he spent 2 (TWO!) years studying Western medicine and anatomy."

End of quote. There are many more interesting, thought-provoking facts in there. From a marketing point of view - a very successful, lucrative field:
1. Sexual themes always attract the attention of the masses.
2. The "supernatural" methods of healing people who are disappointed in professional medicine always bring in material benefits. "Masters" sell hope and a beautifully packaged "astral" placebo).

In this case, the Western orientation of his business model also speaks volumes, for there the Eastern teachings are magical exotics, and do not generate the same enthusiasm among their Eastern brethren. Remember how Bruce Lee rose to prominence in the promotion of martial arts? Exactly in the west, not in China (of course, this does not diminish him as a great master).

So there is a lot to think about...

Реter Konow:
Reading about Mantek Chia on Wikipedia:

"Known as a promoter of Taoist sexual practices....

Wow - exactly "sexual" practices. He is first of all a promoter of Taoist practices, i.e. Taoist qigong (inner smile, small circle, sounds, neigong, massage, iron shirt...), and only then of sexual practices. The appeal of it is not in the sexual practices, but in the fact that the set is complete and covers all sides.

Mantic Chia is not just some populariser out there, he has revealed almost all Taoist matters in full.

Peter, stop throwing in forbidden things, and every time I look at you, you have such a flight of thought that I just do not have time, and most importantly all past, which saddens me :-(

Dmitry Fedoseev:

Wow - exactly a 'sexual' practitioner. He is first of all a populariser of Taoist practices, i.e. Taoist qigong (inner smile, small circle, sounds, neigong, massage, iron shirt...), and only then sexual practices. The appeal of it is not in the sexual practices, but in the fact that the set is complete and covers all sides.

Mantic Chia is not just some populariser out there, he has revealed almost all the Taoist stuff in full.

I judge by what is written on Wikipedia. If the emphasis of his teachings is mislabeled there, it's not up to me.)

Surely there's a lot of interesting stuff in his philosophy, but there's business on top of it, isn't there? And if so, that changes a lot about attitudes to such activities.

Реter Konow:
I judge by what is written on Wikipedia. If the emphasis of his teachings is mislabeled there, questions are not for me))

Surely there's a lot to like about his philosophy, but there's business on top of it, isn't there? And if so, it changes a lot about attitudes to such activities.

Free is, by definition, worthless.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

There is no biofield, no chakras, no energy channels?

if only in a sick imagination.

moreover, this "knowledge" is the source of mental disorders, just like any religion

Any commercial activity exploiting the subject of healing outside the framework of official and authorized medicine should be prosecuted. Imho.

Unscientific, "homemade" teachings on the health of mind and body allow fraudsters to set up fraudulent schemes to raise money from the crowds of hope seekers. This is criminal, but very clever (shrewd) people know how to make it look good, so that you can't get it wrong. They build a legitimate business model on filling heads with unintelligible, pseudo-philosophical concepts, implying "purification", "ascension", "healing", and "wisdom" through actual detachment from problems by withdrawing from reality into the "astral" through meditation. In essence, they are not proposing to solve problems, but to walk away from them.
Reason: