Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1685

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Maybe better about MO in trading and how and where the concept of AI in MO ends and how it differs from the conventional ones. Like an algorithm can be called with intelligence only in case of its development, the ways of which are not originally provided by the algorithm)))) But then any neural network or in general, a complex algorithm, which also adds its own code in the process of work, for example, adds classes and changes methods))) or devices with feedback on the methods of multi-level work)))) exactly by this definition have intelligence. artificial. And this is not a common understanding at all. But in DOD and GA it is not generally needed.

There are such notions as self-modifying code or metaprogramming. It is not very clear what intelligence has to do with it.)

For example, the Soviet scientists took the terms AI and MO very badly, preferring "pattern recognition" or "statistical learning".

mytarmailS:

Hmm, interesting. It turns out that it is.

For humans, intelligence is a thinking algorithm, it is not intelligence.

the brain gives the goal of thinking, the intelligence (algorithm) solves it

It's the same with MO.

A person sets a goal (target function or fitness function)

The algorithm (MO) solves it. In this case, intelligence is MO

An algorithm and a person make different decisions

a man does some things without thinking, relying on his experience, and not only his own.

The algorithm needs to constantly execute the same program

I believe that intellect is a peculiar algorithm for modeling anything. Highly evolved animals and humans possess it, but in different degrees. The modeling abilities of dogs, monkeys and humans differ, though they stand on a common basis. Intelligence is necessary for adaptation to the environment, complex social behavior, survival, and species development.

Self-awareness is the highest form of manifestation of the intellect, inherent only in man.

In this context, Thought is a model of some system.

mytarmailS:

Hmm, interesting. It turns out that it is.

For humans, intelligence is a thinking algorithm, it is not intelligence.

the brain gives the goal of thinking, the intelligence (algorithm) solves it

It's the same with MO.

A person sets a goal (target function or fitness function)

The algorithm (MO) solves it. In this case, intelligence is MO

Intellect, not yet Reason. The latter is the highest form of intellect, which has self-awareness, knowledge of self and the world, experience, morality... imho.

If you are ALL so smart, why are you still poor????

"the highest form of intelligence" is genius.

But unfortunately, schizophrenia and genius can often be similar in symptoms - google "schizophrenia and genius"

Aleksey Nikolayev:

From wikipedia: "The Sprague-Grandy function is defined for games with two players." You need some kind of generalization of this function to games with more than two players. I couldn't find one. Perhaps we should look in the direction of potential games.

"Me and the market" is clearly an unequal game. A possible two-player option is "all traders vs. state," but that too is clearly an unequal game. I guess you could still consider multi-player games, each of which is some group of traders.

I say that in fact we could not formalize the rules of trading in a private game

We need variants or odd number of moves for 2 participants or some other estimation to come to yours:

You get a repeating game (that's a term from game theory) of identical rounds, with a minority winning on each round - it seems like even-odd, but it's not. I then make the assumption (which I am not prepared to prove mathematically) that the resulting repeating game also has a symmetric equilibrium, which is constructed as a sequence of equilibria for the round games. That is, all players in each round flip coins and win only if they are outnumbered.

I think that your formulation most accurately describes the market process as a game

Let's talk about the mundane.

I started to grow a beard, and today was the first time I cut it, and you know, it didn't really work out. I don't even know what style of beard to choose, to be honest. Any advice?

Mihail Marchukajtes:

Let's talk about the mundane.

I started to grow a beard and today I cut it for the first time and you know, it didn't really work out. And I do not even know what style beard to choose, to be honest. Any advice?

I'd only ask for some army advice: shave that...thing off under your nose.

When smart people talk to each other, and you can only understand that you don't understand a thing.

And you want to say something clever in response. You want to say something clever in response.

But nothing but YA KREVEDKO comes out. Eh.

Igor Makanu:

I ask only for army advice - shave that ...dum off under your nose

That's why your words do not show any intellect. How can you talk about what you do not have? :-)
Reason: