Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1540

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Oh no, fuck it, I'm going to go back to neural networks. I don't believe in it.

There's a lot of work both mathematical and technical, that's why this concept was abandoned...

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I will either do monitoring soon, or write an article.

Everything is exclusively in Python now. It saves a lot of time.

The disadvantage of GA is that it does not generalize

Why not R for example?

transcendreamer:

Why not R for example?

MO package support is better in my opinion, there are more examples

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

MO package support is better in my opinion, there are more examples

Is it a humor?

SanSanych Fomenko:

Is that humor?

Look at the MO competitions on Kaggle, almost everywhere is a python, and only sometimes R

this is pointless to discuss in my opinion ))

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Look at the MO competitions on Kaggle, almost everywhere is a python, and only sometimes an R

I think it's already senseless to discuss it))

Surprisingly.

1. The question was about support.

R is supported by Microsoft. It is quite trustworthy and can build industrial systems. And who supports Python? The collective farm?

2. All the reviews you cited are about the prevalence of languages. And here we must compare Python and Cp, or you can use other universal languages - both of them can be useful for trading, if you look for what you need and know what to look for.

R is a specialized system for us and we have to compare it with such systems as SPSS and others that abound. R explains everything in clear lines, and beginners can use it to study what happens. What does Python have to do with it, which is of another type?

Don't try to put pressure with authority.

SanSanych Fomenko:

And who supports Python? The collective farm?

kolkhoz is called google

SanSanych Fomenko:

2. All the reviews you cited are about the prevalence of languages. And here we should compare Python and Cp, or we can use other universal languages - both of them can be useful for trading, if you look, if you know WHAT to look for.

R is a specialized system for us and we have to compare it with such systems as SPSS and others that abound. R explains everything in clear lines, and beginners can use it to study what happens. What does Python have to do with it, which is of another type?

And do not press with authority.

I always write my personal opinion and the opinion of those with whom I communicate. For example, companies like Yandex and Sberbank use Python for machine learning, mostly. Or rather, no one has even heard that anything is being developed with R. In python, yes.

I like that language better, I have nothing against R.

They mostly use the plugin libraries in C, so there's no point arguing about which language to use.

You can't even put catboost and tensorflow in R without some trickery.

I used R and didn't find anything amazing in it that I can't find in python. The code is sometimes shorter - it's true, but readability is worse.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I always write my personal opinion and the opinion of those with whom I communicate. For example, companies like Yandex and Sberbank mostly use python for machine learning. Or rather, no one there has even heard that anything in R is used in production. In python, yes.

I like that language better, I have nothing against R.

They mostly use the plugin libraries in C, so there's no point arguing about which language to use.

You can't even put catboost and tensorflow in R without some trickery.

I used R and didn't find anything amazing in it that I can't find in python. The code is sometimes shorter, it's true, but the readability is worse.

It may come as a surprise to you, but if I were 30-40 years younger, I would have chosen Python for one simple reason: the offer of work in Python is much greater than in R.

But to each his own.

SanSanych Fomenko:

It may come as a surprise to you, but if I were 30-40 years younger, I would choose Python for one simple reason: there is much more work on Python than on R.

Otherwise, to each his own.

I don't really care, I'm not going to work in this field, and I'm not going to do in-depth statistics either. It's just more convenient to gumnocode and use ready-made libcas with a lot of examples, I don't pretend to much more.

The language turned out to be very simple and useful, just for some minor research, just what I needed.

Reason: