Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 140

Alexey Burnakov:

all true.

I didn't watch the video, because I'm convinced that you can make anything look pretty to fit however big a story you want. The truth is not pretty. To prove that the model is not retrained is very difficult.

Then take a look, it's not big at all and you'll realize you're wrong

mytarmailS:
Then take a look, it's not very big at all and you'll realize you're wrong

I'm right, because I've experienced a lot.

You'll go broke before you can tell the difference between the wrapper and the *** inside.

Alexey Burnakov:

1) I'm right, because I've experienced a lot.

2) While you learn to distinguish the wrapper from the *** inside, go broke.

1) You're saying that the video is just a nice fit, even without watching it, I'm telling you that you're wrong!!! And if you had watched the video you would have seen that the indicator works "live" and about any fitting just can not talk about, so you are wrong ...

2) I've been in the market for a total of over 8 years, in different roles, so I have at least the same experience as you, or even more, in the real market, not Forex and I don't think that you can tell me about the market what I do not know, so that "to distinguish the wrapper from the *** inside" I am perfectly able ... I know how to "distinguish the wrapper from the *** inside" - my problem is that I'm only now beginning to program

mytarmailS:

Alexey Burnakov:

I'm right, as I've felt a lot of things on my own...

1) ... I'm telling you you're wrong!!, ... so you are wrong...

Can we at least do without arguments in this topic? It's time to forget the kindergarten bullshit.

The market is always right. Everything else - only subjective hypotheses. So prove your "rightness" to the market, instead of making a verbal pissing contest here.

mytarmailS:

1) You're saying that the video is just a nice fit, even without watching it, I'm telling you that you're wrong!!! And if you watched the video you'd see that the indicator works "live" and no one can talk about any fitting here, so you're wrong ...

2) I've been in the market for a total of over 8 years, in different roles, so I have at least the same experience as you, or even more, in the real market, not forex and I don't think that you can tell me about the market what I don't know, so that "to distinguish the wrapper from the *** inside" I know very well ... my only problem is that I'm just now starting to program

1. naive...

2. poor...

I'm 8 years old and I'm 10 years old. Bullshit...

If you're not a programmer, you don't understand a lot. You'll get your head screwed on like a novice by all kinds of people with last names Liho, Miho, ***ho (this video is just for Pinocchios). And when you understand how difficult it is to make a system that distinguishes chance from determination, then we'll talk differently to you. And how easy it is to make something resembling such a system and apply marketing.

I looked at the beginning of the video. Well as I thought, Liho will be the one who listens to this Liho carefully. It's all for beginners. The program is re-drawing on every tick. I do not need it (I moderate myself, thanks to the Moderators for caring). I opened a trade, and 10 ticks later it looks the other way. I closed the deal. Earned minus spread. (You're pretty dashing! )

Alexey Burnakov:

1) And I'm woo, 8 years old, and I'm woo 10 years old. And I'm woo this long... It's all bullshit...

If you're not a programmer, you don't understand a lot. You'll get your head screwed on like a novice by all kinds of people with last names Liho, Miho, ***ho (this video is just for Pinocchios).

2) And when you understand how difficult it is to make a system by yourself, distinguishing chance from determination, then we'll talk differently....

3) Opened a trade and after 10 ticks it looks the other way. Closed the trade. Earned minus spread. You are good! )

1) Clinging and twisting names is entertainment for schoolchildren, or when you have nothing to say.... it looks low and flawed!

2) I posted it on the last page, look it up...

3) Just for reference, for a cool trader with 10 years of experience who knows everything.... In the normal (real) market the commission is often less than a tick, you take a tick and you're already in the black, so 10 ticks is an excellent profit!

And about the approach of the author of the video, there are no coherent arguments, just teasing, for God's sake, like a schoolboy ....

So, you're out of luck!

mytarmailS:

1) Claiming and twisting names is a pastime for schoolchildren, or when you have nothing to say.... looks low and flawed!

2) I posted it on the last page, look it up...

3) Just for reference, for a cool trader with 10 years of experience who knows everything.... In the normal (real) market the commission is often less than a tick, you take a tick and you're already in the black, so 10 ticks is an excellent profit!

And about the approach of the author of the video, there are no coherent arguments, just teasing, for God's sake, like a schoolboy ....

So you're out of luck, you're out of luck!

Whatever. There are so many do-gooders around with secret turkeys. My advice. You want to be safe, do and check your own. The first rule of theses analysis is that everything must be checked and debunked. It has this pigtail, probably some kind of polynomial regression. run it on history, show the forward. But it's just for show. He makes money at his seminars. He teaches how to trade by waves on his web-site. I don't read that stuff. Sorry.

And the fact that I bend the names, it's because such Mavrodei do not respect. And the last name says a lot about a person. You don't even have to look at the video. I can explain my surname to you. Everything is understood through the roots of words. And dashing is evil, no matter how you look at it.

Alexey Burnakov:
There are so many do-gooders with secret turkeys around. My advice. If you want to be safe, go ahead and check your own. The first rule of tests is that everything should be checked and detalized. It has this pigtail, probably some kind of polynomial regression. run it on history, show the forward. But it's just for show. He makes money at his seminars. He teaches how to trade by waves on his web-site. I don't read that stuff. Sorry.

And the fact that I'm not using last names is because I don't respect such Mavrodes. And the last name says a lot about a person. You don't even have to look at the video. I can explain my last name to you. Everything is understood through the roots of words. But the evil is dashing, whatever way you look at it.
That's a good point and the right advice +100

I have a vector with time "X" in it "hours and minutes"

x
"08:46" "08:51" "08:56""09:01" "09:06" "09:11" "09:16" "09:21" "09:26" "09:31"
class(x)

"character"

how do I take one minute off of this vector to get

"08:45" "08:50" "08:55" "09:00" "09:05".....

and then the vector remains "character"

I don't know how to do it in the standard way, but this is how to do it with the library, for example:

x <- c("08:46", "08:51", "08:56", "09:01", "09:06", "09:11", "09:16", "09:21", "09:26", "09:31")
library(lubridate)
x <- parse_date_time(x, orders="H!:M!") - minutes(1)
x <- format(x, "%H:%M")
x

Reason: