Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 1311

Alexander_K:

After reading the last dialogue, it immediately becomes clear - why in this forum no one is united into teams under the responsive, fatherly guidance of the leader.

Ha! If on this forum there are such people who have given up everything for Forex, putting their health, and even life - hoping that they are smarter than others and that they will become billionaires, then it is an impossible task to create a team of such people.

I agree, Alexander, but not quite. Here you have created a branch "from theory ..." from altruistic motives, with an open mind, etc. You've given an example recently about Demko and Doc - they all ran away quietly, having understood everything about Erlang's distributions, Fourier's distributions and other nonsense. I've been doing forex since 2006. I'm not a programmer, an ordinary "engineer" with incomplete higher education, I have my own experience, and I trade manually, of course I would like to automate my system, but after reading the forum I realized that it's impossible, for the reasons described above - sooner or later everyone will leave with stolen ideas (then, of course, prodigal children will come back, because the knowledge was not complete.The only one Che posted his indicator without source code. And even you are just throwing out a theory with pictures.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I don't know about Avtomat, he is a thing in himself, and Alexey is quite open and adequate. Some basic things are discussed here fine, but no one pry into other people's developments, unless they are published publicly of their own free will

Yeah, that's my point... Still, if nothing works and it's a question of physical survival, then you should listen to others, be at the leaders' beck and call, or stupidly sign up for signals.

All - IMHO and offtop, of course.

Neitrino22:

I agree, Alexander, but not quite. Here you have created a branch "from theory ..." from altruistic motives, with an open soul, etc. You've given an example recently about Demko and Doc - they all ran away quietly, after they found out about all sorts of Erlang's distributions, Fourier's distributions and other nonsense. I've been doing forex since 2006. I'm not a programmer, an ordinary "engineer" with incomplete higher education, I have my own experience, and I trade manually, of course I would like to automate my system, but after reading the forum I realized that it's impossible, for the reasons described above - sooner or later everyone will leave with stolen ideas (then, of course, like prodigal children they will come back, because the knowledge was not complete.The only one Che posted his indicator without source code. And even you are just throwing out a theory with pictures.

Absolutely everything you said is true.

Alexander_K:

Yeah, that's what I said... Still, if nothing works and it's a question of physical survival, then you should listen to others, be at the leaders' beck and call, or stupidly sign up for signals.

All is IMHO and offtopic, of course.

Usually until you get it yourself, you do not even understand what others advise))

Alexander_K:

:)) I withdraw all my assignments. Now even a fool knows that people like Automat or Alexey Vyazmikin (I think that such people in the forum the vast majority), will die, but will never listen to no one, suffering over their tractors and herbaria within their illusions

You forgot to add yourself to this list)). Here, who does not hear anybody but himself.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:
They forgot to add themselves to this list.)

:))) I kind of make money on my main job and I've said 100 times that I could not cope with the market alone - I need helpers who would do only what I say. I have not found them, unfortunately, and now I understand why.

Alexander_K:

:))) I kind of make money on my main job and I've said 100 times that I can't cope with the market alone - I need helpers who will only do what I say. I've got no such assistants and now I understand why.

What makes you think you have no illusions? Imho, there are only illusions.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
What makes you think that you have no illusions? I think that this is the only one.

Okay. I'm not working now anyway. I am waiting for a signal - a reasonable one, preferably from a trader I know from this forum. Let it be Max. I believe.

neitrino22:

I agree, Alexander, but not quite. Here you have created a branch "from theory ..." from altruistic motives, with an open soul, etc. You've given an example recently about Demko and Doc - they all ran away quietly, after they found out about all sorts of Erlang's distributions, Fourier's distributions and other nonsense. I've been doing forex since 2006. I'm not a programmer, an ordinary "engineer" with incomplete higher education, I have my own experience, and I trade manually, of course I would like to automate my system, but after reading the forum I realized that it's impossible, for the reasons described above - sooner or later everyone will leave with stolen ideas (then, of course, like prodigal children they will come back, because the knowledge was not complete.The only one Che posted his indicator without source code. And even you are just throwing out a theory with pictures.

No one is going anywhere.

All strategies to return to the average that this "physicist" tried to build cannot work because of the non-stationarity of the quotes, because at the moment when flat changes into a trend, the spread between the quotes and the average will decrease, but the position will be unprofitable - the mathematical expectation of the process is not a constant. And some mythical indicators of these two states will not work, because

1. they do not and cannot exist;

2. If they existed, there would be no need to calculate any distributions - you could earn money with a simple handwheel.

They tried to explain it to him several times, but he's insane - in the end he took the same dead-end road that millions went before him and with the same result.

What's the point of trying to explain obvious things to someone who won't listen to them...

Dimitri:

Well, the most important thing is to stop in time, which I did, and not to pull the cat by the tail for 100 years. That's what I'm talking about.

And speak more politely, pops. I'm a physicist, not a "physicist," okay?

Reason: