Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 315

What you call machine learning is essentially automatic selection of system parameters. I increase the value of A, it gets worse. I decrease it.

There are two reasons why this method is appropriate:

1. I know exactly what happens, how and why, but I don't have time to track the parameters.

2. I absolutely do not understand and do not intend to understand what is going on, but I know how to write code.

It is possible to get rich only in the first case, but practically 100% of applicants fall under the second one.

Alexei Tarabanov:

What you call machine learning is essentially automatic selection of system parameters. I increase the value of A, it gets worse. Decrease it.

There are two reasons why this method is appropriate:

1. I know exactly what happens, how and why, but I don't have time to track the parameters.

2. I absolutely do not understand and do not intend to understand what is going on, but I can write code.

You can get rich only in the first case, but almost 100% of applicants fall under the second one.

Golden words!

I'll tell more, with rare exceptions (a couple hundred people all over the globe), the skills in programming is anti-correlated with profit on the exchange, that is, the better a man can write code, the more badly he trades. This is the law.

pantural:

Golden words!

I'll say more, with few exceptions (a couple hundred people all over the world), programming skills are anti-correlated with profits on the exchange, that is, the better a dude can write code, the shittier he trades. This is the law.

Not about that!

You can be very good at programming, but bad at trading, or vice versa. I am talking about how to make good programs. Those that make money.

pantural:

Golden words!

I'll say more, with few exceptions (a couple hundred people all over the world), programming skills are anti-correlated with profits on the exchange, that is, the better a dude can write code, the shittier he trades. It's a law.

Here I completely agree with you. What's the use of me working in MO, if I trade like a chicken with my paw. Trader and programmer are completely different professions....

Mihail Marchukajtes:

Here I completely agree with you. What's the use of my MO if I trade like a chicken with my paw. A trader and a programmer are completely different professions....

Are you saying that you are a programmer and you are trading with your hands?

In other words, what's the use of fumbling if you can't apply it?

Andrey Dik:

Are you telling me that you are a programmer and that you trade with your hands?

In other words, what's the use of fumbling if you can't apply it?

I agree.... I trade with my hands, hence the problems. I am already thinking of writing a robot......

Diagnosis time,
Not poems.
Wake up Teacher)))

Vizard_:
Diagnosis time,
Not poems.
Wake up Teacher)))

So go ahead. Give out your diagnosis!!!! Listening carefully....

- Anyone can hurt an artist.
- Dude, you're not an artist.
- Here we go again!

AlexeiTarabanov:

You can be very good at programming, but bad at trading; you can be the other way around.

Yes, it's either that or this, but not both at the same time.

Alexei Tarabanov:
I'm talking about how to make good programs. Profitable.

You need at least three people - manager, trader and software developer, a cohesive team, the manager must practice team-building, the trader must average, and the developer must use design peters everywhere and even if one practices pair programming, then it will be good.
Reason: