start EA automatically on startup MT4 ?

Hi,

I wish to have my EA start automatically when the MT4 terminal launches>

I have tried to implement this : https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform/help/service/start_conf_file

but it seems to be completely ignored, MT4 starts exactly the same with or without the .ini file ?

this is my .ini with all i think i need (attach Example_ea on EUR_USD H1 chart on start) :

; experts settings
ExpertsEnable=true
ExpertsDllImport=true
ExpertsExpImport=true
ExpertsTrades=true
; open chart and run expert and/or script
Symbol=EURUSD
Period=H1
Expert=Example_ea

my terminal.exe is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Dukascopy MetaTrader 4

and my start.ini in C:\Program Files (x86)\Dukascopy MetaTrader 4\config

Does anybody have a solution to this ?

Cheers.

Configuration at Startup - Tools - MetaTrader 4 Help
Configuration at Startup - Tools - MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
The client terminal can be launched with some predefined settings. For this purpose, the configuration file name will be passed to the client...

albert dubois: I wish to have my EA start automatically when the MT4 terminal launches

It does that by default.

You do have Tools → Options (control+O) → Server → Keep personal settings and data at startup checked? (Or the MT5 equivalent: files → profiles → save as default)

"You do have Tools → Options (control+O) → Server → Keep personal settings and data at startup checked? (Or the MT5 equivalent: files → profiles → save as default) "

Yes I have double checked this. I have one computer where it loads the EA if i left it on a chart at close, another one, where it wont launch the EA somehow ... Im not sure why. Hence I was looking into config files...

I think I found a fix in saving the profile as Default since it starts in Default profile... Seems to do the trick.

But it'd be nice to know how to setup those config files still...

Reason: