Still getting "symbol GOLD# not found" despite having the same broker as my signal (xmglobal)

Hi,

XMGlobal is using GOLD instead of XAUDUSD as symbol for gold transactions. I am currently using an xmglobal account, and I am copying a signal who is also using XMGlobal as his broker.

But still, I am getting this message from the journal logs: "symbol GOLD# not found"

I can confirm though that I am able to see the symbol GOLD in the market watch window in my XMGLobal MT5 terminal. Please advise.

If you have "...symbol not found" error so it is about the mapping.
It means that this broker is having more than one symbol for gold, ormargin calculation type is not forex type according to specification of this symbol.
read post for more details.

Signal copying for 'XXXXXX' is prohibited"
Signal copying for 'XXXXXX' is prohibited"
  • www.mql5.com
Hi guys, I've subscribed for a signal and my log looks like this - error messages of every trade that it tries to sync...

Thank you very much for the reply Sergey, very much appreciated.

Just want to understand the mapping rules though. Wouldn't this mapping rule be invoked first:

1. On the Subscriber's account, the system searches for all symbols with the names coinciding with the Provider's symbol by the first 6 characters. For example, EURUSD == EURUSDxxx == EURUSDyyy.

-> so in this case, wouldn't GOLD be mapped to GOLD#? or is the algorithm below gonna take priority all the time:

The algorithm provides only two exceptions for metal symbols:

1. XAUUSD == GOLD
    2. XAGUSD == SILVER

cslingbaoan #:

Thank you very much for the reply Sergey, very much appreciated.

Just want to understand the mapping rules though. Wouldn't this mapping rule be invoked first:

1. On the Subscriber's account, the system searches for all symbols with the names coinciding with the Provider's symbol by the first 6 characters. For example, EURUSD == EURUSDxxx == EURUSDyyy.

-> so in this case, wouldn't GOLD be mapped to GOLD#? or is the algorithm below gonna take priority all the time:

The algorithm provides only two exceptions for metal symbols:

1. XAUUSD == GOLD
    2. XAGUSD == SILVER

The main key mapping meaning (on post  ) are the following:

• "Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol. If trading is allowed partially or completely forbidden, such a symbol is discarded". - you can check under symbol specification in Metatrader.
  • "Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded" - you can check under symbol specification in Metatrader.
  • "If no symbols remain after conducting all the checks or more than one symbol is found, it is considered that a symbol mapping attempt has failed and it is impossible to copy Provider's trades for that symbol" - check all symbols provided by your broker.

----------------

"no symbol found" issue (or "forex symbols only issue") - read this small thread with the script to check:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/367553

Signal problem: position skipped as no symbol found
Signal problem: position skipped as no symbol found
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, I am having a very annoying problem...
Reason: