Local time from web page

Hello,

My local time is frequently trashed by Windows 10 on Windows Update survey, so local time gets unreliable to the point I need popular web page like worldtimeserver.com to set it right,    Have you heard about a module able to grab Local Time from this page through MQL , because it is well offuscated ?

Documentation on MQL5: Date and Time / TimeLocal
Documentation on MQL5: Date and Time / TimeLocal
  • www.mql5.com
TimeLocal - Date and Time - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Thank you but impracticable because this is also to be a service included into a Market EA.  In  the home page there is an anchor link that leads to a less offuscated page with local time:

https://www.worldtimeserver.com/time.aspx

though webrequest find   <span id="theTime" class="fontTS">

and there is your local time from an external source

Carlos Albert Barbero Marcos:

Hello,

My local time is frequently trashed by Windows 10 on Windows Update survey, so local time gets unreliable to the point I need popular web page like worldtimeserver.com to set it right,    Have you heard about a module able to grab Local Time from this page through MQL , because it is well offuscated ?

What that means exactly ?

Carlos Albert Barbero Marcos:

Hello,

Is your windows serial legal?

That does the job.

Dominik Egert #:

That does the job.

The question is why is that needed, seems weird to me. How will you know the timezone ? If the local time is unreliable, the timezone could also be wrong. Fix the problem seems more reasonable than work around it.

True. I agree.

Here is a solution to the issue with the Timezone.

Alain Verleyen #:
What that means exactly ?

After any windows update, for years my loca ltime derailed and had to br set manually  often to no avail. Not so often nowaday though. Local timke is used by EA sthen it needs to be accurate.

Alain Verleyen #:
The question is why is that needed, seems weird to me. How will you know the timezone ? If the local time is unreliable, the timezone could also be wrong. Fix the problem seems more reasonable than work around it.

The problem has been recurrent for years.  If the EA uses MT local time to set working hours and it is false than anything happen. The user in GMT+1 enters 15h30 local time for the US session open which  timeME zone is known by the EA while it don't een need to, it just needs an accurate local time to open trades at the right time according to user input.

The problem might happen in any PC, local time depends on users setting and bugs . That is why external reliable local time is needed by EAs.

Alain Verleyen #:

The time zone has nothing to do with it why should it? unless it means local time zone, the problem it is getting smashed all too often, by who knows what

Reason: