is it possible to create an expert adviser based on indicator purchased at mql5.com market

is it possible to create an expert adviser based on indicator purchased at mql5.com market?

Thanks, 

erez80:

is it possible to create an expert adviser based on indicator purchased at mql5.com market?

Thanks, 

Possible, yes. But not straighforward if your are not the programmer.

1. Either the programmer has to buy the indicator too. Personally, I don't want to do that, unless the client pay it.
  2. The coder can work blindly, knowing only the indicator's name, parameters and buffer's usage. But he can't test the EA.
  3. The indicator's owner and the coder can agree to use a tool like TeamViewer for the coder to work on customer's computer.

It should be very good if Metaquotes could propose something more practical.

Let's say I bought an indicator here on mql5.com with 5 activations.

One I activated on my 1st terminal.

another one I give you (the programmer): Is it possible to "send" (give as above) you an activation or should I give you my mql5.com account user and password in order for you to get the activation on your terminal?

Then you create the ea with all its limits (as you mentioned above plus some others you may not notice yet).

After that, when you finish the ea, you send the ea (open coded) to me.

then, with the first activation I did to the purchased indicator on my terminal and your ea, I'll be able to run the ea as a whole. 

So I spent one indicator on you - the programmer (and you earned a free indicator paid activation).

So far, am I right?

On your 2nd comment you said "But he can't test the EA": did you mean that you or I won't be able to run a backtest for the ea?

erez80:

Let's say I bought an indicator here on mql5.com with 5 activations.

One I activated on my 1st terminal.

another one I give you (the programmer): Is it possible to "send" (give as above) you an activation or should I give you my mql5.com account user and password in order for you to get the activation on your terminal?

Activation is linked to your mql5.com account. So the programmer will have to use your account, which is a very bad practice. But if you and the programmer agree, it can be a solution.

Then you create the ea with all its limits (as you mentioned above plus some others you may not notice yet).

After that, when you finish the ea, you send the ea (open coded) to me.

then, with the first activation I did to the purchased indicator on my terminal and your ea, I'll be able to run the ea as a whole. 

So I spent one indicator on you - the programmer (and you earned a free indicator paid activation).

So far, am I right?

Yes, if you choose this solution. It is a 4th solution, but not yet satisfactory in my opinion.

On your 2nd comment you said "But he can't test the EA": did you mean that you or I won't be able to run a backtest for the ea?

It's case 2. The programmer don't have the indicator, so he can't test the EA. You will can.

angevoyageur:

It's case 2. The programmer don't have the indicator, so he can't test the EA. You will can.

But if I'll give you an activation for the indicator you do will be able to run a backtest, isn't it?

I try to understand from you: is there a chance or a possibility that you will be able to program an ea based on a certain indicator bought on mql5.com without even getting this indicator?

I figured it out from your 2nd comment.

erez80:

But if I'll give you an activation for the indicator you do will be able to run a backtest, isn't it?

I try to understand from you: is there a chance or a possibility that you will be able to program an ea based on a certain indicator bought on mql5.com without even getting this indicator?

I figured it out from your 2nd comment.

It's not about me. As stated above we can see 4 ways up to now. They all permit to develop an EA from an indicator bought on the Market.

Yes, the second way can be a solution to develop an EA, without the programmer having the indicator, provided that information about buffers are available. Depends of the indicator.

angevoyageur:

It's not about me. As stated above we can see 4 ways up to now. They all permit to develop an EA from an indicator bought on the Market.

Yes, the second way can be a solution to develop an EA, without the programmer having the indicator, provided that information about buffers are available. Depends of the indicator.

I sent you a message yesterday about it, did you get it?

erez80:
I sent you a message yesterday about it, did you get it?
No I don't get any message.

angevoyageur:

Here is yet  special way. I can develope  "remote" indicator.

What is it  "remote" indicator ?

It has two components:

1. First component is real indicator that run on Symbol on which the Market indicator works.

This First component indicator read Market indicator lines values and send on internet this values to remote comp,

where EA developer is.

2. Second component indicator is real indicator and it in online mode read Market indicator llines values from internet  and 

and draw its own indicator's line.

EA under development read indicator's lines values in usual way vie MQL4 iCustom(...) function and realises Customer Traiding Strategy.

After EA is developed, it is ready to work  on Market indicator.

The  software tools to build  "remote indicator" two components you can find in mine article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1361 

Besides, in this article you can find the real and working  example  of remote indicator.

Regards, Sergey 

MetaTrader 4 Expert Advisor exchanges information with the outside world - MQL4 Articles
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 4 Expert Advisor exchanges information with the outside world - MQL4 Articles: features of automated forex trading and strategy tester
Reason: