Convert Yahoo Finance data to Metatrader 5

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible to convert yahoo finance data into Metatrader 5.

I want to analyse long term charts from global indices and stocks on daily basis.

Thanks for you help

Best regards

Guido

lennetkann:

Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible to convert yahoo finance data into Metatrader 5.

I want to analyse long term charts from global indices and stocks on daily basis.

Thanks for you help

Best regards

Guido

Yes and no. It depends of your exact needs.

It's not possible to import data and then automatically have a chart and use indicator. But it's possible to build an indicator from your data, then you can apply some indicators (provide they can use other indicator's data) ; other indicators have to be adapted.

Would there be a possibility to have a script to automate the loading of yahoo information as a custom symbol?

Guido Stiel:

Hi,

Thanks for you help

Best regards

Guido

Hi,

A better options and much easier one imo is to format the data in excel to meet the mt5 criteria. Then simply create a custom symbol and import the formatted data from yahoo. This is how I do it and you won't need any additional scripts/indicators. Of course having an automated option has many benefits over this manual approach but if you need to perform analysis on just 1 or few assets this way might be quicker.

Reason: