Bought an EA, but i can't install it - "installation is failed"

Hello,

I bought an EA from the market but when i try to install it on my MT4 platform it says "installation is failed".

Can someone help me? Is there any specific settings that must be done on the MT4 platform so i can install the EA?

Thank you.

You probably bought a MT5 EA.

Stoi4e7o:

Hello,

I bought an EA from the market but when i try to install it on my MT4 platform it says "installation is failed".

Can someone help me? Is there any specific settings that must be done on the MT4 platform so i can install the EA?

Thank you.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/366152

Hi again,

It is MT4 EA because seller don't have MT5 products.

I've searched in the forum for info and i think i'm doing everything correctly but still "installation is failed" , so i'll add some screenshots.

Windows version is Windows 10 64 bit

Also i did that - / "1.open data folder 2.once you open the data folder go back to the Terminal folder .3 once in the terminal folder go to the Community folder and delete everything in there ,restart mt4 and in mt4 go to terminal/market and login to your mql5 account and everything should work " - I think you did it, right? Did you fill Community tab in metatrader after that? Press OK after filling your login/pass?/ - but still "installation is failed".

I'm using external VPS provider is that the problem?

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Client Terminal Properties - Environment State - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Files:
mt4_build.jpg  114 kb
ie_version.jpg  68 kb
fail.jpg  102 kb

Stoi4e7o #:

Also i did that - / "1.open data folder 2.once you open the data folder go back to the Terminal folder .3 once in the terminal folder go to the Community folder and delete everything in there ,restart mt4 and in mt4 go to terminal/market and login to your mql5 account and everything should work " - I think you did it, right? Did you fill Community tab in metatrader after that? Press OK after filling your login/pass?/ - but still "installation is failed".

Some external VPS providers were banned from mql5 services.
----------------

You can try the following:

1. Delete old product (do you see some product in Market - Navigator which you want to install? If yes so - delete it).

2. Use this procedure from the service desk (especially with item #4):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The purchased tab is only showing the last two purchases

Alexey Petrov, 2021.01.19 11:17

Even if a Market product is removed from the showcase, those who already purchased it, can install it anytime from their MetaTrader terminal (Market \ Purchased section).

In case you don't see the product on the list of your purchases in the terminal, try the following:

1. Close all your MetaTrader terminals
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete all files starting from mql4.market.* and mql5.market.*
  4. Open MetaTrader terminal
  5. Try to install product again

3. Check the settings of Internet Explorer (and firewall) provided by your VPS provider, for example:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Error downloading market indicator demo (Error 403

Sergey Golubev, 2021.01.04 16:50

I am trying my MT4 (build1320).

1. I made Community login:

2. and checked in Metatrader journal:

3. I checked Internet Explorer installed on computer:

4. I checked the settings of Internet Explorer: yes, I can use the chat with not a problem by sending/receiving the messages:

5. Signal tab works:

6. Market tab works:

Yes , all the details that you explained are fine. But still can't install it.

Is there a list with the banned VPS providers, and list with non-banned VPS providers, which can be used ?

Can someone share info about that?

Stoi4e7o #:

Yes , all the details that you explained are fine. But still can't install it.

Is there a list with the banned VPS providers, and list with non-banned VPS providers, which can be used ?

Can someone share info about that?

There is no list of banned VPS providers sorry.
I know that Zomro (VPS provider) was blocked long time ago together with subnets and more (by IP and so on) - (look at the post #19)

i am facing the same issue. No indi / no EA that i bought are unable to be installed now. Very disappointing!
Reason: