At a reboot MT4 1340 strikes off the EA(s) from the chart(s)!

MT4 build 1340 strikes off EAs from the opened charts! I have it everywhere. On dedicated and virtual servers. Just finished a reload for a VPS with 8 MT4rs 1340, each having 7 charts. That is 56 EAs. ALL OF THEM WHERE TAKEN OFF. This is everywhere... It happens at a MT4 controlled reboot, so it is easy to catch. Same happens when loading a profile.

The issue is at a shut down. MT4 removes the EA and saves the chart AFTER the EA is not more on the chart. When started back again, the chart has no EA inside and voila... the EA is gone! Few reboots of the terminal wipe out all EAs from the charts. Or few profile save->load are doing exactly the same thing.

Can anyone from MQL let the MT4 dev guys know about this terrible bug in version MT4 1340?

EDIT:

I have attached both logs (journal and experts. AUDUSD and AUDJPY I have filtered for more easy read of their EAs being stroked off their charts.

Here is a link to the video I made for the developer I am working with. AUDJPY has a robot/EA on the chart BEFORE the controlled MT4 reboot. After the reboot, the EA is gone.

We did investigated that problem and he found out the MT4 is killing the EA before she saves the chart. When loading the same chart at a start, there is no EA inside, naturally...

https://youtu.be/qTeHt5Wz6HI

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers
Files:
AJ.txt  438 kb
AU.txt  164 kb

Nikolay Blaskov:
MT4 build 1340 strikes off EAs from the opened charts!

This is my build of MT4 (on Windows 10 64-bit computer):

Sergey Golubev #:

This is my build of MT4 (on Windows 10 64-bit computer):

I am rebooting the MT4, hoping for the auto update to run and get me to the 1345, but the only thing that happens is to lose EAs from the charts... Is there any MANUAL way to force an update on the MT4? It seems, the AUTO update does not care much at the moment...

Nikolay Blaskov #:

I am rebooting the MT4, hoping for the auto update to run and get me to the 1345, but the only thing that happens is to lose EAs from the charts... Is there any MANUAL way to force an update on the MT4? It seems, the AUTO update does not care much at the moment...

Connect to MetaQuotes-Demo account (create demo account with MetaQuotes-Demo) and wait for updates ... and/or restart Metatrader (I restarted Metatrader two times and after that the update was started).

But I am not sure about this issue with 1345 build (I have no idea about it was fixed or not sorry).

Sergey Golubev #:

Connect to MetaQuotes-Demo account (create demo account with MetaQuotes-Demo) and wait for updates ... and/or restart Metatrader (I restarted Metatrader two times and after that the update was started).

But I am not sure about this issue with 1345 build (I have no idea about it was fixed or not sorry).

it worked. spasibo! 

did reboot mt4 1345 7 times and no EA got stroked off of her chart. maybe problem is fixed?

Nikolay Blaskov #:

it worked. spasibo! 

did reboot mt4 1345 7 times and no EA got stroked off of her chart. maybe problem is fixed?

May be ...
Possible bug reporting thread for MT4 is this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/373987 so
it may be someone already reported on the thread about similar issue, and it was fixed with 1345 build.

MetaTrader 4 Platform update build 1340
MetaTrader 4 Platform update build 1340
  • www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on Friday, July 23, 2021. This version provides error fixes and platform stability improvements...

Sergey Golubev #:

May be ...
Possible bug reporting thread for MT4 is this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/373987 so
it may be someone already reported on the thread about similar issue, and it was fixed with 1345 build.

Unfortunately, the EA strike off the chart was NOT fixed in 1345. Lets see if it is going to be fixed in 1350, which, by chance I did happen to upgrade to... very disappointed with 1340 and 1345. The sequence of saving the objects and elements of a chart is somehow screwed up in 1340 and 1345 and when started again, the MT4 does not load the EA as the EA was not in the template or whatever is there saved as a last chart before the shut down of 1340 and 1345... very dramatic bug. Never seen it before...
Reason: