MT4 Turned Off Automated Trading On It´s Own

Is that normal?

I was finding it strange that this week the EA haven´t taken any trade so far.

I went to Tools>Options>Expert advisors and to my surprise the "allow automated trading" was off, but it was definitely NOT me!

The EA was taking trades last week, even friday.

After the weekend, somehow, MT4 turned off the auto trading on it´s own.

This copy is running on a VPS.

Alberto Gauer Borrego: Is that normal? I was finding it strange that this week the EA haven´t taken any trade so far. I went to Tools>Options>Expert advisors and to my surprise the "allow automated trading" was off, but it was definitely NOT me! The EA was taking trades last week, even friday. After the weekend, somehow, MT4 turned off the auto trading on it´s own. This copy is running on a VPS.

I'm assuming it was a 3rd party VPS, so it probably was rebooted but MetaTrader's running state was probably not saved.

In order to save the state of the Auto Trading button state, after you enable it, exit the MetaTrader terminal normally so that it gets saved and then restart MetaTrader again.

I'm also assuming that you have set things up so that when the VPS starts up, it restarts MetaTrader again.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I'm assuming it was a 3rd party VPS, so it probably was rebooted but MetaTrader's running state was probably not saved.

In order to save the state of the Auto Trading button state, after you enable it, exit the MetaTrader terminal normally so that it gets saved and then restart MetaTrader again.

I'm also assuming that you have set things up so that when the VPS starts up, it restarts MetaTrader again.

It is a 3rd party VPS, but it was not rebooted. It is running non stop for more than 10 days now. If it had rebooted then all instances of metatrader would have been shut down.

The only thing I did was updating an EA to the latest version, that was it. Does MT4 turns off the automated trading automatically when we updated an EA? 

Alberto Gauer Borrego #: It is a 3rd party VPS, but it was not rebooted. It is running non stop for more than 10 days now. If it had rebooted then all instances of metatrader would have been shut down. The only thing I did was updating an EA to the latest version, that was it. Does MT4 turns off the automated trading automatically when we updated an EA? 

I've no idea! I don't trade with Market products, so don't know if that is the case. But, maybe they do as a safe-guard in case the update works differently.

Reason: