MQL5 Expert Advisory activation rule. Not as per activation per machine?

I read some of the EA activation rule mentioning that one activation per hardware + software (Operation System) which is quite understood.

I recently installed 3 different EA from my MQL5 market terminal to 3 MT4 on my PC. I checked my MQL5 account and were deducted 1 activation. I tested all the MT4 and all the EA can be attached to every chart window. So I close all the MT4 and rename its folder only. When I reopen all the 3 MT4, all the EA cannot be attach to the chart window anymore. Then I check back at the terminal MQL5 market terminal again and to my suprise, it is the same as earlier before I install, stated that "already purchase but not yet install". That is ridiculous. I don't change my PC/OS or PC update. It is just within that moment of time when I installed my EA from MQL5 terminal, close MT4, rename MT4 folder and reopen it again.

Anyone know why and how can this happened? Please share. Thank You

you should have the ex4 file in one of your mt4 data folder, check it first

clement68:

...So I close all the MT4 and rename its folder only. ...

If those Eas are from the Market so - do not rename the folder.
If you did it so - delete those EAs from this renamed folder, and install them once again.

One (additional) activation may be lost in case of key Windows updates or in case you authorized (login) to your Windows as a admin or other user for example:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Product activation crashes

Rashid Umarov , 2021.06.03 09:42

In the Windows operating system, different authorization methods provide different system configurations:

1. Authorization by a regular user

2. Authorization by the administrator

3. Authorization via remote access (even if one of the above two accounts is selected)

Therefore, each of these cases requires separate product activation, even if the Windows version has not changed and there has been no hardware update. Check how you log in.

Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
  • www.mql5.com
Microsoft has officially released its new Windows 10, version 20H2...

Sergey Golubev #:

If those Eas are from the Market so - do not rename the folder.
If you did it so - delete those EAs from this renamed folder, and install them once again.

One (additional) activation may be lost in case of key Windows updates or in case you authorized (login) to your Windows as a admin or other user for example:

Ya, there is a pop up massage some sort like need admin authorization to confirm to renamed the MT4 folder. Maybe this is the causes but how come the MQL5 market could not detect my EA activation anymore as my MT4 platform is still working properly. My market EA are still there but nothing happen when try to attach to the chart. Even I revert back the MT4 name and also try uninstall and reinstall the MT4 platform, it is still the same. This mean that the MQL5 EA activation rule also extend to any changes in the PC administration like this?

Reason: