hyperactive messages to server.

I have recently been getting warnings regarding my EA messages.  I can only see this happening because of Do Not Trade rules included in the EA.  The rules are good and valid.

Are there limits with every broker?  or does this relate to metaquotes??

icmarkets informed me if messages pass 25,000 per day I presume my account would be disabled.

I dont even have a trade open and sent thousands of DO NOT TRADE messages.

Any had same experience?

thanks all!

marktrounce27:

I have recently been getting warnings regarding my EA messages.  I can only see this happening because of Do Not Trade rules included in the EA.  The rules are good and valid.

Are there limits with every broker?  or does this relate to metaquotes??

icmarkets informed me if messages pass 25,000 per day I presume my account would be disabled.

I dont even have a trade open and sent thousands of DO NOT TRADE messages.

Any had same experience?

thanks all!

This is about trades, comments and alerts recorded in your journal, its a sign of a hyperactive EA and is coming from your broker, nothing to do with MT4/5 terminals or Metaquotes for that matter.

marktrounce27: I have recently been getting warnings regarding my EA messages.  I can only see this happening because of Do Not Trade rules included in the EA.  The rules are good and valid.

Are there limits with every broker?  or does this relate to metaquotes?? icmarkets informed me if messages pass 25,000 per day I presume my account would be disabled. I dont even have a trade open and sent thousands of DO NOT TRADE messages. Any had same experience?

How much to do you want to bet that your EA is constantly deleting and recreating pending orders, or constantly adjusting stops?

For short-term strategies, don't use pending orders in that way. Just monitor the price and open market orders when the price has reached your desired level.

Also, you must respect trade sessions and not place any orders during those times that trading is disabled. Don't just keep trying to place orders during those times and ignoring the returned error conditions.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This is about trades, comments and alerts recorded in your journal, its a sign of a hyperactive EA and is coming from your broker, nothing to do with MT4/5 terminals or Metaquotes for that matter.

thank you Eleni.   I can see under EXPERTS TAB, many :-) Trade is not allowed.  I have many good reasons not to open trades, but think what is  happening, is that I take trade of trade bar = 0 on H4, but only take trades on Trade bar closed 1 once CCI reaches overbought or sold CLOSED.  maybe signal being created but will not execute until trade bar is closed.  I will have to wait 2 hours to find out? :-)

Fernando Carreiro:

How much to do you want to bet that your EA is constantly deleting and recreating pending orders, or constantly adjusting stops?

For short-term strategies, don't use pending orders in that way. Just monitor the price and open market orders when the price has reached your desired level.

Also, you must respect trade sessions and not place any orders during those times that trading is disabled. Don't just keep trying to place orders during those times and ignoring the returned error conditions.

thank you Fernando as always.  You will see my reply to Eleni.  I am not a coder, I built this EA with a coder many years ago, but understand the mechanics of the EA as I created the rules.

marktrounce27:thank you Fernando as always.  You will see my reply to Eleni.  I am not a coder, I built this EA with a coder many years ago, but understand the mechanics of the EA as I created the rules.

Then you will have to hire someone again to fix the EA or create a new one that respects the conditions mentioned.

Fernando Carreiro:

Then you will have to hire someone again to fix the EA or create a new one that respects the conditions mentioned.

that is true.  I have altered EA settings so that there is not a conflict  ie; now trade bar signal = 0  & true to take signal on open bar.  Hope it works.  not perfect, but let's see.

Fernando Carreiro:

Are these message limits BROKER SPECIFIC?  ie' do some brokers accept limitless messages?

marktrounce27:Are these message limits BROKER SPECIFIC?  ie' do some brokers accept limitless messages?

No! Almost all brokers have a message limit and prohibit the use of such hyperactivity because it causes issues with the communications channels and affects other customers. If you are not careful you could end up being banned by the broker.

You need to fix your EA properly.

first check if the EA is having bugs, usually wont have so many messages
Reason: