market feed stopped 3 days ago, no up to date real time info

Hi folks can anyone tell me how to get my market data feed realtime info on charts as is not working last day of markets info was on 30th june21, any suggestions on how to fix and get strategy tester market feed and charts showing latest prices.

martobrien1: Hi folks can anyone tell me how to get my market data feed realtime info on charts as is not working last day of markets info was on 30th june21, any suggestions on how to fix and get strategy tester market feed and charts showing latest prices.

Could you elaborate on what exactly you mean by "market data feed"? Do you mean the standard OHLC price quote data?

If so, then those are supplied by your broker. What symbols are these exactly? Could it be a futures or the like with no roll-over perhaps?

martobrien1:
Hi folks can anyone tell me how to get my market data feed realtime info on charts as is not working last day of markets info was on 30th june21, any suggestions on how to fix and get strategy tester market feed and charts showing latest prices.

You can request historical data on currency pairs from the broker you are using, and enter that data in the meta trader

martobrien1:

If it's a demo account it may just have expired.

or simply change to a better broker

martobrien1:

yes the demo did state expiry while i was testing EA, and the date stopped on my market watch with no real time data.

Do i open another demo account ? as my first one lasted 1 week?

Margaret 

martobrien1: yes the demo did state expiry while i was testing EA, and the date stopped on my market watch with no real time data. Do i open another demo account ? as my first one lasted 1 week?

Yes! The expiration of demo accounts depends on the broker. Some have a fixed time, others keep it alive as long as there is active trading and others keep it alive as long as you just connect to it regularly.

If a broker is only giving you a week for testing, even with activity, then I suggest finding a reliable, reputable and regulated broker instead.

Reason: