Tick Data Vs. my broker strategy tester.

Hello i have 4 EAs,Testing  in strategy tester in MT5,When i test EA with my broker data it is not same with tick data not same result,But when i run EAs in live account and when EAs will open positions,And after sometimes for example after 4 months,When i run strategy tester for same period 4 months they give me same result with the past positions before 4 months,But with tick data it is different results,Quality data it in tick data about 100% but with my broker is low,But results quality with my broker 99% identical but with tick data it is different,Please guide me how can i build my strategy from 2019 to 2024,With tick data or with my broker data,By the way my EAs all use indicators :

EA 1 : With Stochastic rsi

EA 2 : With Rsi and moving average

EA 3 : With dual Moving average

EA 4 : With Bollinger band

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

Your topic has been moved to the section: Expert Advisors and Automated Trading
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

Bash123456:Hello i have 4 EAs,Testing  in strategy tester in MT5,When i test EA with my broker data it is not same with tick data not same result,But when i run EAs in live account and when EAs will open positions,And after sometimes for example after 4 months,When i run strategy tester for same period 4 months they give me same result with the past positions before 4 months,But with tick data it is different results,Quality data it in tick data about 100% but with my broker is low,But results quality with my broker 99% identical but with tick data it is different,Please guide me how can i build my strategy from 2019 to 2024,With tick data or with my broker data,
When you test in the Strategy Tester, is your "Modelling", "Every tick" or "Every tick based on real ticks"?

Fernando Carreiro #:
Every tick based on real ticks
I am use Every tick based on real ticks

Bash123456: When i test EA with my broker data it is not same with tick data not same result

What do you mean by the "broker data" and "tick data"?

The real tick data is provided by the broker alongside the OHLC bar data.

Are you using a different source of tick data?

Fernando Carreiro #:

What do you mean by the "broker data" and "tick data"?

The real tick data is provided by the broker alongside the OHLC bar data.

Are you using a different source of tick data?

tickdata.com Vs. my brocker data

Bash123456 #: tickdata.com Vs. my brocker data

Don't test against different tick data if your intention is to compare it to real live trading on your broker.

Forex, CFDs, etc. are not centralised exchanges and data is different between brokers.

If you want to compare your live trading with your back-tests, then use your broker's historical tick data for the tests, not 3rd party data.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Don't test against different tick data if your intention is to compare it to real live trading on your broker.

Forex, CFDs, etc. are not centralised exchanges and data is different between brokers.

If you want to compare your live trading with your back-tests, then use your broker's historical tick data for the tests, not 3rd party data.

Thank you sir.

Reason: