Cannot open file - page 3

justaman1929:

My MetaTrader terminals are installed on a virtual machine that's running on Parallels (Mac OS). I've been doing that for a long time, it worked fine until a few days. 

I do not know about limitation about it (but I think - it may be the reason of it):

• can Metatrader which was installed on VPS to be connected to MQL5 VPS, or not ...
  • can MQL5 VPS be used in case of Data Folder is having non-standard path ..

justaman1929 :

My MetaTrader terminals are installed on a virtual machine that's running on Parallels (Mac OS). I've been doing that for a long time, it worked fine until a few days. 

I don't have Mac OS - I'm out of dialogue ...

Maybe an issue with read/write rights, disk space or anything else on the VPS ?

Strange that several people encounter the exact same issue at the same time.

Sergey Golubev:

I do not know about limitation about it (but I think - it may be the reason of it):

• can Metatrader which was installed on VPS to be connected to MQL5 VPS, or not ...
  • can MQL5 VPS be used in case of Data Folder is having non-standard path ..

No problem at all, it's just a virtual machine, and it's a good virtualization system, not a fake like Wine. (The OS runs like if it was on a real machine)

And it has been running like this for a very long time without any issue :-)

justaman1929:

I dont know why but i recall there being an update 2 days ago mine updated the terminal and restarted that might have been the issue.

Unfortunately no one has figured it out yet. Which means my 3 month vps is slowly being wasted and yours as well.

Lets see maybe a bright spark will help us out soon this is infuriating ive tried moving servers.

from the look of it it seems the file uploads but when it calls the file its not looking for the correct name.

justaman1929:

I am not sure that Metatrader on VPS can be sucessfully connected to the other VPS (to MQL5 VPS for example).
Besides, the path to Data Folder was changed ...
And that is why this MQL5 VPS could not find the EAs (because this MQL5 VPS was looking for something as the following:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\A5F79250D105D8EC36C4584D2FB2DB98

----------------

I know some new limitation for MT5:

For Metatrader 5 only, limitations:

• 32-bit terminals are no longer allowed to load programs from the Market.
  • 32-bit terminals cannot connect to the hosting service.
  • The 32-bit MetaEditor version does not support additional file protection via MQL5 Cloud Protector.
  • MQL5 programs compiled under old MetaEditor versions (released 5 years ago or more) cannot run in the new terminal version.
  • more here
  • ----------------

MQL5 Cloud Protector: Advanced protection for programs - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
    MQL5 Cloud Protector: Advanced protection for programs - Developing programs - MetaEditor Help
    • www.metatrader5.com
    MQL5 Cloud Protector is an online service that proves advanced protection for MQL-programs. Executable files EX4/EX5 are reliably protected from...

Sergey Golubev:

I am not sure that Metatrader on VPS can be sucessfully connected to the other VPS (to MQL5 VPS for example).
    Besides, the path to Data Folder was changed ...
    And that is why this MQL5 VPS could not find the EAs (because this MQL5 VPS was looking for something as the following:
    C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\A5F79250D105D8EC36C4584D2FB2DB98

----------------

I know some new limitation for MT5:

For Metatrader 5 only, limitations:

• 32-bit terminals are no longer allowed to load programs from the Market.
  • 32-bit terminals cannot connect to the hosting service.
  • The 32-bit MetaEditor version does not support additional file protection via MQL5 Cloud Protector.
  • MQL5 programs compiled under old MetaEditor versions (released 5 years ago or more) cannot run in the new terminal version.
  • more here
  • ----------------

The folder on my Windows is C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\51337600F56B69473E15EAFB8A7586B4\MQL4\Experts

No problem syncing with MQL5.com VPS, I've always done that.

Only thing that I have to make sure is not *** my terminal is that EA from ***... nothing else changed, and I'm still able to sync old experts (compiled a few days ago) with MQL5.com VPS ...

I'm going to run a snapshot of my vm before I installed *** EA, maybe it will solve the problem...

justaman1929:

The folder on my Windows is C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\51337600F56B69473E15EAFB8A7586B4\MQL4\Experts

No problem syncing with MQL5.com VPS, I've always done that.

Only thing that I have to make sure is not *** my terminal is that EA from ***... nothing else changed, and I'm still able to sync old experts (compiled a few days ago) with MQL5.com VPS ...

100% exact same issue and same time at least we know more than one person is experiencing this issue which means it should be resolved shortly.

Jokershaggy:
    100% exact same issue and same time at least we know more than one person is experiencing this issue which means it should be resolved shortly.
    This is why I am almost certain its to do with the compiler its doing something different to the ex4 files if only we could see the difference by viewing the ex4 file.
    Reason: