Discussion of article "Using MetaTrader 5 Indicators with ENCOG Machine Learning Framework for Timeseries Prediction" - page 4

tiagobr:
I don't understanding why MQL does not create an own neural network for metatrader, avoiding a lot of work for commom mortals.
If you search mql5.com for neural networks you'll get a lot of articles and codes - all the stuff is available for you on the "plug and play" basis. Don't they suit your needs?

Hi,

Thanks you for the article because it is very helpful to start knowing how to develop programs. Howeverm I am a newbie and I would like to know how I can run all the steps. I could download the data using the script but then I do not know how I perform the normalization and timeboxing in Metatrader. Is there a step by step information about running the codes? Thanks you in advance and sorry for a so basic question.

Best regards 

Hi,

I'm stuck at

7. Neural Network Training

I downloaded .Net Core, Visual Basic Code for Mac, Encog 3.3

What should I do next with Encog?

Thanks in advance. 

There are also broken links in the article.

Would there be any update?

i.e. 

error calculation and training algorithms 

Full ENCOG documentation is available online.

Hi Guys,

Really excellent article, but i didn't reproduce the same result.

When called the indicator it is not normalized to 1 and -1 like example of article and plot just a straight line.

Somebody did have this problem and solve it?

Automated-Trading:

Try to change Decimal symbol to "." instead of "," in Control Panel->Region and Language->Additional settings...

This was my problem. Change this and solve it. 

THANK YOU!! 

Indicator makes no drawing. Copied dll files to different locations, still no result. Any idea?

Can this work with MT4?

muttonman:

Awesome article investeo! 

Just one problem, every time I run the EA on the simulator I get the following error...

2012.08.07 20:10:36 Core 1 2012.01.01 00:00:00   Access violation read to 0x00000000

I have followed the suggestions on this page. I still get the error.

Please help? 

Excellent article!! It's very clear for a beginner like me :)

I'm having the same problem with the attached encog version on Windows 10 X64.

Could anyone solve this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

This article is well written and definitely inspiring. I saw this article translated in Russian and Chinese, impressive!

Anyway, is there anyone, before congratulating with the authors, who tried the entire codes? I have serious doubts that we are really close to random guessing, as expected with Forex.

I run a LSTM as mentioned in the article, focussing not on regression (guessing the next values), but on binary classification: if the max_close in the next 5 future steps is greater than the actual, than class_0 otherwise class_1. In few words, I ran an LSTM to predict if the close in the next future goes up or down. My precision is close to random guessing and I am pretty sure also the precision of the RNN of this article goes close to random guessing. I am really curious about the performances of the RNN of this article. Can the authors share the confusion matrix.

I also ran a fuzzy classifier just classifying the future close the same as the current: it is not definitely a prediction! With that I was able to reach similar profit of this article.

In conclusion, I suspect that the results of the RNN of this article are really close to random guessing and I would like to ask the authors to share with us the direct performance of their RNN.

Anyway, the article is inspiring for further research.

Cheers,

Marco

Which part of the code has used OpenCL? Please clarify.
Reason: