Vital update for MT5

Please add ETH as testing currency in strategy tester. (Besides USD, EUR etc)

As account currencies.

With Fed buying every dip and inflation running amok... it figures!

strategy_tester: Please add ETH as testing currency in strategy tester. (Besides USD, EUR etc)

I'm not sure why you would want that, but in my opinion, that does not make much sense, since ETH, like most cryptocurrencies are much too unstable to provide a good basis for analyzing back-testing results. The very fact that it is so volatile can heavily skew the back-test results itself, leaving you completely confused with the resulting test metrics.

Fernando Carreiro:

I'm not sure why you would want that, but in my opinion, that does not make much sense, since ETH, like most cryptocurrencies are much too unstable to provide a good basis for analyzing back-testing results. The very fact that it is so volatile can heavily skew the back-test results itself, leaving you completely confused with the resulting test metrics.

it's down to fundamentals. supply & demand.

ETH is finite.

strategy_tester: it's down to fundamentals. supply & demand. ETH is finite.

You are making no sense! What does that have to do with the stability of back-test metrics?

Back-testing is for studying the functionality and profitability of a strategy. If you are going to set ETH as its deposit currency, the strategy will be be skewed completely, even if just testing over the last year.

As the test progresses and the tick-value is constantly deviating by large amounts and spreads being so volatile, your metrics will be skewed and useless, not permitting you to properly analyse the strategy.

Fernando Carreiro:

You are making no sense! What does that have to do with the stability of back-test metrics?

Back-testing is for studying the functionality and profitability of a strategy. If you are going to set ETH as its deposit currency, the strategy will be be skewed completely, even if just testing over the last year.

As the test progresses and the tick-value is constantly deviating by large amounts and spreads being so volatile, your metrics will be skewed and useless, not permitting you to properly analyse the strategy.

that's with YOUR strategy. Let me worry MINE. 

what's really important now though is users are afforded the ability to have an account currency like ETH with their broker.

The caveat obviously is ETH prices do not go back that much. Still though will be worth it.

One should trade (and test) with a deposit currency that is mostly stable, and then trade against the symbols with volatility (if you so wish), and not the other way round.

If you are going to trade with a cryptocurrency as your deposit currency, then you are going to suffer greatly with its volatility even if you don't trade at all. Imagine just how more volatile your balance value and trading will be with the increased uncertainty and volatility of using such an unstable deposit currency. That is utter madness and completely foolhardy!

strategy_tester: The caveat obviously is ETH prices do not go back that much. Still though will be worth it.
You may believe that it will not go back, but in a back-test you will be using its value back in time and suffer its increasing volatility in the back-test. That is absolutely go good for the back-testing analysis!

Fernando Carreiro:

One should trade (and test) with a deposit currency that is mostly stable, and then trade against the symbols with volatility (if you so wish), and not the other way round.

If you are going to trade with a cryptocurrency as your deposit currency, then you are going to suffer greatly with its volatility even if you don't trade at all. Imagine just how more volatile your balance value and trading will be with the increased uncertainty and volatility of using such an unstable deposit currency. That is utter madness and completely foolhardy!

if you pay attention Fed's current policies are undermining USD stability.

strategy_tester: if you pay attention Fed's current policies are undermining USD stability.

Even the instability which you believe will happen, will be NOTHING compared to that of cryptos. Even GBP that suffered during Brexit did not suffer enough to make it unstable. You preach fundamentals, but seem to understand it very little!

Reason: