Discussion of article "Brute force approach to pattern search (Part IV): Minimal functionality"

New article Brute force approach to pattern search (Part IV): Minimal functionality has been published:

The article presents an improved brute force version, based on the goals set in the previous article. I will try to cover this topic as broadly as possible using Expert Advisors with settings obtained using this method. A new program version is attached to this article.

The problem with many automated trading systems is that they get overtrained and overfit to history. It is possible to create a system that will show impressive results, up to 1000 percent per month. But such systems do not work in reality.

The more input parameters a trading system has and the greater the variability of the EA logic, the stronger such an EA sticks to history. The thing is that we have a very simple process of how a quote is converted to another data format. There are always forward and backward conversion functions that can provide both forward and backward data conversion process. It can be compared to encryption and decryption. For example, WinRar archive is an example of encryption. In the context of our task, the encryption algorithm is a combination of the optimization process and the presence of trading logic. A sufficient number of backtests in the optimizer and a certain flexible logic can work a miracle. In this case, the trading logic serves as a decoder that decodes future prices based on the readings of the past.

EURUSD H1 2010-2021

These settings are attached below, so you can test them if you wish. You can also try to find your own settings and backtest them on demo accounts. Starting with this version of the program, anyone can try this method.

Author: Evgeniy Ilin

I have downloaded the attachments of the article. I learned to use "Forex Awaiter" to perform brute force search by watching Youtobur’s video. "Awaiter" finally generated the "GBPUSD 5 MATH_WAITING OPTIMIZED.txt" document, but how do I use this document? Or how can this document be turned into a configuration file like *.set?

Also, is this document generated for backtesting through "Reciever" or "Sacred fruit"? Still the same question, how to convert the generated result into the relevant EA setting file?

Thank you very much for sharing, thank you!

ddwin668:

I have downloaded the attachments of the article. I learned to use "Forex Awaiter" to perform brute force search by watching Youtobur’s video. "Awaiter" finally generated the "GBPUSD 5 MATH_WAITING OPTIMIZED.txt" document, but how do I use this document? Or how can this document be turned into a configuration file like *.set?

Also, is this document generated for backtesting through "Reciever" or "Sacred fruit"? Still the same question, how to convert the generated result into the relevant EA setting file?

Thank you very much for sharing, thank you!

Еhere everything is through the Common Folder, the text file itself is a setting, you better add to the channel to me, the link is in the profile. Products cannot be discussed here, it can be regarded as advertising. And everyone has the same request, questions only on the merits, about the methods used in the program, about mathematics, about nuances. Additional questions that concern the market already only to me in the channel
Reason: