Is there any way for the EA to know what type of modeling is being performed in the test?

I have an EA what uses OnTimer and I want run tests more optimized. To do it, I though about use the OnTimer only in "Each Tick"  modes and disable the timer to use OnTick to call OnTimer in OHLC and only open candle modes. I was unable to find a constant to show me this information. 

Is there any way for the EA to know what type of modeling is being performed in the test?

Documentation on MQL5: Event Handling / OnTimer
Documentation on MQL5: Event Handling / OnTimer
  • www.mql5.com
OnTimer - Event Handling - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Rafael Caetano Pinto:

I have an EA what uses OnTimer and I want run tests more optimized. To do it, I though about use the OnTimer only in "Each Tick"  modes and disable the timer to use OnTick to call OnTimer in OHLC and only open candle modes. I was unable to find a constant to show me this information. 

Not with mql function. You need to use WinAPI call, check the Codebase, someone already did it.

Alain Verleyen:
Not with mql function. You need to use WinAPI call, check the Codebase, someone already did it.

Thanks Alain.

But I avoid to add dll's and low-level dependencies because of the complexity to manage de EA (install in other environments, etc). I'll set the modeling mode as a EA input that will exists only when I compile with a specific #define to control a #ifdef block.

C'est la vie

Reason: