How to test trading functions of EA on weekends on MQL 4?

Hi all,

When you develop on MQL4 on weekends and you need to test trading functions of it (opening, closing orders, etc), how do you do it? 

I know, that on MQL5 you can do testing on historical data, but I am stuck with MQL 4 (large project) and need a solution for MQL 4. 

May be there is a way to connect MT4 to a fake server and feed historical data into it, so it will think as if that data is real? 

What do you do when you need to test trading functions of your MQL 4 EA's on weekends? 

Thanks in advance!

Johhny D:

Hi all,

When you develop on MQL4 on weekends and you need to test trading functions of it (opening, closing orders, etc), how do you do it? 

I know, that on MQL5 you can do testing on historical data, but I am stuck with MQL 4 (large project) and need a solution for MQL 4. 

May be there is a way to connect MT4 to a fake server and feed historical data into it, so it will think as if that data is real? 

What do you do when you need to test trading functions of your MQL 4 EA's on weekends? 

Thanks in advance!

Use Strategy Tester ( Ctrl+R) 

it may help you

Ahmet Metin Yilmaz:

Use Strategy Tester ( Ctrl+R) 

it may help you

Merhaba Ahmet Bey!

Thanks, but Strategy Tester doesn't work for me. I need to test combination of indicator (which is there for user interface controls) and EA which does the trades execution. I have a manual system (EA+Indicator) which helps trader to identify signals and trade. It is not a fully automated EA. 

So, I probably need a simulator of quotes flow into the Meta Trader - to watch candles open up one by one, or tick-by-tick and be able to open/close trades by clicking on buttons of my indicator.

Is this kind of simulation possible to arrange, so, that I can test it on weekends? (week-days testing is totally fine - there is a flow of quotes into MetaTrader) 

Thank you!

Guys, solution found!

I just opened a demo account on <Deleted> and they provide 24/7 flow of quotes on crypto currencies, which enables me to do all my tests. Which is already good enough. 

Issue closed. Thank you all!

bitcoin - Trading blogs and financial markets analysis
bitcoin - Trading blogs and financial markets analysis
  • www.mql5.com
Bitcoin is a digital currency, or crypto-currency, created and held electronically and is not backed by a government or central bank to regulate or issue it. It thus enables direct payment over the

Johhny D:

Strategy Tester doesn't work for me. which is there for user interface controls) 

So, I probably need a simulator of quotes flow into the Meta Trader -

Is this kind of simulation possible to arrange,

1. Change your GUI(s) to work with the tester. See In backtest OnTimer() not performs - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum #3 2014.02.21
    and work around Chart Event For MT4 Backtester - Strategy Tester - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum #7 2016.04.03
    and How to use OnChartEvent buttons to work in Tester - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2 #11 2019.04.28

2. That's called the tester.
  3. Use the tester.
Reason: