Increase the Volume for trades based on Signal

Hi All,

I am new in MT5 and I subscribed for a signal for the first time.

Now the VPS journal says:

2021.03.02 04:03:29.094 Signal '0000000': signal provider has balance XXXXX.00 USD, leverage 1:500; subscriber has balance YYYYY.00 EUR, leverage 1:30
2021.03.02 04:03:29.094 Signal '0000000': different specification of symbol GBPUSD, signal provider has maximal volume 1000, subscriber has 200

I have 3 times(Y) more money in my broker account than X (provider), however my leverage is 1:30 and the provider has 1:500.

The first trades were executed, but the provider sent a volume of 0.04  and I sent only 0.01.

1) How can I configure that I send the same volume  than the provider ?

2) How can I configure that I send more volume than the provider ?

Thanks!

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can you change the ratio in which a signal is subscribed to?

Alain Verleyen, 2014.02.04 13:31

You have only 2 ways to act on the calculated ratio :

• Increase "% of deposit used" in Signals settings.
  • Add more capital to your account.

Sergey Golubev:

Thanks. However I use 95% (the maximum) and I have more money than the provider. I do not understand this discrepancy. 

Maybe is the leverage  the problem here ?

The volume for subscribers is automatically calculated and it is based on the balance/levetage of subscribers and balance/leverage of provider.

As this question about the volume/lots size was asked many times so I am just providing some general information:

How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

jocafi:

Thanks. However I use 95% (the maximum) and I have more money than the provider. I do not understand this discrepancy. 

Maybe is the leverage  the problem here ?

Yes, the leverage.
Read the post with the example of calculation.
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

Many Thanks, Sergey. Everything is working well until now. However I need a little help to understand and maybe change this here:

12:02:57.171       Signal   'XXXXXX': different specification of symbol GBPUSD, signal provider has maximal volume 1000, subscriber has 200
12:02:57.171	Signal	'XXXXX': percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value 1020%

I would like to understand why is this warning there in the VPS journal.

I would like to know if I can increase the volume to be the same or higher than the provider.

Thanks.

This is the warning only.
As to new ratio so you can calculate your lot size by yuourself based on the your leverage/balance and provider's leveragebalance, and this ratio (it was old ration ... and it is new ratio now ... so - I do not know all the situation because I do not see all the logs sorry).

Sergey, many thanks again. I am learning more and more about MetaTrader.

I have a doubt. If I put 10000% more money than the provider the trading volume will not be higher, right ? At the moment I do not see any increase of the volume per trading on the signals, although I put more money in the account.

Most of Brokers offer a "Raw Spread account"  or a "Standard Account". I opened a  "Raw Spread account" because the signal provider sends only trade with a volume lower than 1 lot size.

Here my second question: If I had opened a  "Standard Account" could it be that the volume per trade could be higher ?

To answer the question, suppose that I have 1 million USD on the account and the provider only 1000 USD.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

You should have more volume/lot size than signal provider because, as I see from your posts above:

new value 1020%

But volume depends on the leverage of your account and signal provider's account.
Besides, it is related to the symbol specification (min/max volume for symbols).

Besides, there is some rounding scheme:
What rounding scheme is used for Provider's and Subscriber's percentage ratio of deals volume?
and it is rounded down in most of the cases.

So, every symbol should be analyzed separatedly related to "new value ..%", symbol specification (for min, max volume and volume steps) and leverage.

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Discover in 15 Minutes: Watch the Video about Trading Signals in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 The most frequently asked questions related to the S...
Reason: