Discussion of article "Developing a self-adapting algorithm (Part II): Improving efficiency" - page 2

Maxim Romanov:

in the tester, it will work only for 1 trading instrument, for the one specified first. This is a limitation of the MT4 tester

Thank you very much for prompt reply. I have migrated it to MT5 in a very quick a dirty way. Limited the number of Symbols to 10 due to limited number of parameters in MT5. It still trades first symbol. I will try to find the code that limits this. Any help is appreciated.

Very good work ,i'm so waiting for the mql5 version coming

Hi @Maxim Romanov, thanks again for this second article, using mt5 I took the liberty of converting the code to mql5 but when the tester start i receive this output: 2021.02.22 18:12:22.234    Tester    too many input parameters (2482). Is There a limit in mql5 for input parameters?

Ps:I am not a programmer but an enthusiast and i don't know if the code is right,i couldn't test it.

Michele Catanzaro:

Hi @Maxim Romanov, thanks again for this second article, using mt5 I took the liberty of converting the code to mql5 but when the tester start i receive this output: 2021.02.22 18:12:22.234    Tester    too many input parameters (2482). Is There a limit in mql5 for input parameters?

Ps:I am not a programmer but an enthusiast and i don't know if the code is right,i couldn't test it.

Yes, MT5 has a limit on the number of settings. I don't remember exactly, but it seems to be about 1000. But it's in the tester. For real trading, I did not face any restrictions.

I'm not a programmer either, but in the latest version of the algorithm, we got around this limitation by creating files with settings.

2 versions of the robot were made, one for the tester, the second for real trading. We did this: we put the EA for real trading on a real chart, fill in all the settings and start trading. The Expert Advisor creates a file with settings and saves it. Then in the tester, the expert advisor for the tester reads this file with settings and uses it for all 28 instruments. That is, it was done using a separate file with settings, which the Expert Advisor reads for the tester from the folder.

Maxim Romanov:

Yes, MT5 has a limit on the number of settings. I don't remember exactly, but it seems to be about 1000. But it's in the tester. For real trading, I did not face any restrictions.

I'm not a programmer either, but in the latest version of the algorithm, we got around this limitation by creating files with settings.

2 versions of the robot were made, one for the tester, the second for real trading. We did this: we put the EA for real trading on a real chart, fill in all the settings and start trading. The Expert Advisor creates a file with settings and saves it. Then in the tester, the expert advisor for the tester reads this file with settings and uses it for all 28 instruments. That is, it was done using a separate file with settings, which the Expert Advisor reads for the tester from the folder.

Ok thanks a lot for your reply, for now I have commented the other 27 currency pairs to test it just on 1.

By publicly sharing the robot, are you not worry that a massive use of it makes readjust the market, and make the strategy unprofitable anymore ?

Adren6:
By publicly sharing the robot, are you not worry that a massive use of it makes readjust the market, and make the strategy unprofitable anymore ?
no, it doesn't bother.  For me this is a passed stage, I do not use this algorithm.  And even a smaller audience will appreciate its quality and start using it.

Maxim Romanov:
no, it doesn't bother.  For me this is a passed stage, I do not use this algorithm.  And even a smaller audience will appreciate its quality and start using it.

Thank you very much for the articles full of insights. 

Please forgive my indiscretion, Can I ask you for the reasons why you no longer use the algorithm?

Ahmed Elghazal:

Thank you very much for the articles full of insights. 

Please forgive my indiscretion, Can I ask you for the reasons why you no longer use the algorithm?

I am moving to a new level of stability and developing an adaptive algorithm that does not require optimization of parameters for each trading instrument individually.

Great job, keep us up to date on any updates and setting. There are many variables, it is a bot difficult to manage without the help of the developer
Reason: