WHY?

Why do the values on indicators differ between the chart and the Journal - or in other words why is there a difference between the values displayed in the indicator window and/or in the Data Window different than that reported in the Journal on which my transactions are based?

Likely you are reading the indicator or writing them wrong.

Do you really expect an answer from some vague question as that?

Always post all relevant code (using Code button).
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
          Be precise and informative about your problem

We can't see your broken code.

Fix your broken code.

With the information you've provided — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any useful information for that.

"Likely you are reading the indicator or writing them wrong."

The values are written automatically to the Journal and to the Data Window by MT4. I am not involved with that

"We can't see your broken code.

Fix your broken code."

I did not write the code for the standard indicators I am using - so if there is code that is broken it is part of the standard indicators that MT4 makes available.

I was hoping to find out if anybody else had experienced the same problem - and what is causing it.

The effect of it all is that my trades are opened based the values recorded in the Journal and not what you see on the indicator or Data Window for that particular time stamp.

Ernest Klokow: The values are written automatically to the Journal and to the Data Window by MT4. I am not involved with that

Wrong. The terminal does not write to the journal — your code does. The Data Window only shows values where your cursor is — irrevalent. It is on you.

Reason: