Pepperstone reports 1:1 leverage, Signal subscription fails to copy the correct lot size

Hi,

I have an issue with the automatic calculation of lot size.
My broker is reporting leverage 1:1... which leads of course to wrong lot size in my signal subscription (0.08%), so the signal is always copied at the minimum lot size. Besides the calculations that are done automatically based on leverage and account credit, is there a way to manually change the copy rate?
It seems it can't be set manually.

this article describes my problem quite well, but without a decent solution.

I've contacted my broker to ask if they can report the actual leverage, but it seems they don't know what I'm talking about, or don't want to bother.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

dobromir_popov:

Hi,

I have an issue with the automatic calculation of lot size.
My broker is reporting leverage 1:1... which leads of course to wrong lot size in my signal subscription (0.08%), so the signal is always copied at the minimum lot size. Besides the calculations that are done automatically based on leverage and account credit, is there a way to manually change the copy rate?
It seems it can't be set manually.

this article describes my problem quite well, but without a decent solution.

I've contacted my broker to ask if they can report the actual leverage, but it seems they don't know what I'm talking about, or don't want to bother.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

As you can understand as long as the reported leverage is wrong, this is a broker issue.

Sure, but as they seem not willing to cooperate. I find it inconvenient to not be able to change the "copy rate" in the MT5 client. I can per say like to have double leverage on the signal. Or as in my case the broker can feed 'wrong' data.
IMHO it should be possible to do that.
Are there some considerations which i am missing, and which play a role in this case?
I am a developer and am willing to help improve user's experience with the already great MT5.
Just wondering: is there a specific reason/restriction so the lot size calculation is fully automatic and has no parameters to adjust (aside the max % of deposit settings) ?
As MT5 is wrongly (for one reason or another) calculating my copy ratio as 0.09%, if I can set that max % of deposit to 100 000%, it will fix the copy rate problem( effective 90%).

I can increase the copy rate by opening multiple terminals, but I believe there should be a better way!

dobromir_popov:

Sure, but as they seem not willing to cooperate. I find it inconvenient to not be able to change the "copy rate" in the MT5 client. I can per say like to have double leverage on the signal. Or as in my case the broker can feed 'wrong' data.
IMHO it should be possible to do that.
Are there some considerations which i am missing, and which play a role in this case?
I am a developer and am willing to help improve user's experience with the already great MT5.
Just wondering: is there a specific reason/restriction so the lot size calculation is fully automatic and has no parameters to adjust (aside the max % of deposit settings) ?
As MT5 is wrongly (for one reason or another) calculating my copy ratio as 0.09%, if I can set that max % of deposit to 100 000%, it will fix the copy rate problem( effective 90%).

I can increase the copy rate by opening multiple terminals, but I believe there should be a better way!

There is no option to increase the lot size here in MQL5.com and that is done for protecting subscribers, if such an option was available most members would multiply their lot size a number of times and that would resulted in blown up accounts.

Reason: