Create custom symbol MT5

Hello community,

I tried to create a custom synthetic symbol but I think that something is wrong because EUR chart that I created is identical to EURJPY :-(

I used these 2 formula and always same result :-(

(bid(EURAUD)+bid(EURCAD)+bid(EURCHF)+bid(EURGBP)+bid(EURJPY)+bid(EURNZD)+bid(EURUSD)) / 7

(EURAUD+EURCAD+EURCHF+EURGBP+EURJPY+EURNZD+EURUSD) / 7

Where is the error?

Files:
MetaTrader_5.png  108 kb

I can not help much but I found some general information about -

----------------

Please help with custom symbols!  (some decision about HowTo was explained).

----------------

Custom symbols: Practical basics - the article
New MetaTrader 5 Build 1730: Projects in MetaEditor and Synthetic financial instruments
New MetaTrader 5 Build 1730: Projects in MetaEditor and Synthetic financial instruments
  • www.mql5.com
New MetaTrader 5 Build 1730: Projects in MetaEditor and Synthetic financial instruments The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Decemb...

Milko Vivaldi:

Hello community,

I tried to create a custom synthetic symbol but I think that something is wrong because EUR chart that I created is identical to EURJPY :-(

I used these 2 formula and always same result :-(

(bid(EURAUD)+bid(EURCAD)+bid(EURCHF)+bid(EURGBP)+bid(EURJPY)+bid(EURNZD)+bid(EURUSD)) / 7

(EURAUD+EURCAD+EURCHF+EURGBP+EURJPY+EURNZD+EURUSD) / 7

Where is the error?

It is clear.

eurjpy has two decimal places more than other currencies.

The eurjpy currency will be much more valuable when averaging. You need to fix this problem.

Alejandra Serrano:

The eurjpy currency will be much more valuable when averaging. You need to fix this problem.

With or without 3 decimals result will still be the average of 7 cross, in fact on the MT4 indicator it does not give problems.

Maybe the problem is in the specification where I put 5 decimals!? 😵🤔

Milko Vivaldi:
With or without 3 decimal result will still be the average of 7 cross, in fact on the MT4 indicator it does not give problems.

Maybe the problem is in the specification where I put 5 decimals!? 😵🤔

maybe
You can solve this problem, continue ...

Alejandra Serrano:

maybe
You can solve this problem, continue ...

Nothing :-( I put 3 decimals but always chart is the same EURJPY....

I don't know if I wrote well the formula.... I think that put together symbols which has 5 and 3 points will be possible ofcourse

Reason: