MT4 Strategy Tester Control Points vs Tick out of sync!

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice.

I recognise that everyone loves to come on and say to totally disregard MT4s strategy tester results, which is fine. But I want to use it to make sure that I'm not at least wasting my time. 

I'm having an issue with results. The EA I'm testing I have tested before and it gave great results on both the tick information (downloaded from tickstory not broker information and also on Renko charts) and also the control points, and both similar.

But for some reason this has stopped and now when we run the EA through the strategy tester, we're receiving vastly contrasting results. The tick test is showing the account as being blown whilst the control points test and open price test are showing strong profitability.

Again, I recognise that the strategy tester isn't supposed to be trusted, but such a massive difference surely cannot be correct? It feels as if the EA is simply crashing on the tick test? Could this be. It has crashed before and I deleted the history and caches, etc, which sorted the problem, however it doesn't seem to solve the problem anymore.

I would be hugely indebted to anyone that could help with this issue. I've attached the results below. I refuse to believe that just testing on tick would give such a massive difference.

Thanks

1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum?
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. If you downloaded all timeframes below your chart's TF, then control points give you four ticks per minute. Otherwise, your results will be bogus. Control points is for something quick — nothing more.
Reason: