Currency pair followed by -g in market watch.

Hi there, can anyone explain what a ( -g ) indicates in market watch? For example CHFJPY-g or EURUSD-g? It has appeared on my demo account on mt4  but not my broker's platform. Many Thanks.

Marco Betti:
Hi there, can anyone explain what a ( -g ) indicates in market watch? For example CHFJPY-g or EURUSD-g? It has appeared on my demo account on mt4  but not my broker's platform. Many Thanks.

ask your broker, different brokers use different formats

Marco Betti:

I believe that Oanda uses the "-g" suffix for symbols in a demo account. Why brokers use a prefix or suffix, I don't know.

Keith Watford:

I believe that Oanda uses the "-g" suffix for symbols in a demo account. Why brokers use a prefix or suffix, I don't know.

Thank you, that would correlate with my symbols, but I've never noticed it before. Thanks again.

Broker's use a variety of naming patterns: EURUSD, EURUSDc, EURUSDct, EURUSDecn, EURUSDi, EURUSDm, EURUSDme, EURUSDpro, EURUSDt, "EUR.USD", "EUR/USD", "EURUSD!", "EURUSD#", "EURUSD.", "EURUSD..", "EURUSD.c", "EURUSD.cfx", "EURUSD.G", "EURUSD.i", "EURUSD.r", "EURUSD.SBe", "EURUSD.stp", "EURUSD+", "EURUSD-5", "EURUSD-g", "EURUSD-m", "EURUSD-sb", etc., Financial symbols with '-', '=', '_' and '+'

If the pattern your broker uses doesn't match the pattern of your signal provider's broker, you can't copy the signal/open a trade.

If the naming pattern of your charts isn't exactly “BasQuo” then hard coded symbols fails.

Don't hard code things; just use the predefined _Symbol, or add/remove the adornments during processing.
          I need to know how to fill an enum or get a drop down list, with a string array :)) - MQL4 programming forum #10 2020.06.12

William Roeder:

Broker's use a variety of naming patterns: EURUSD, EURUSDc, EURUSDct, EURUSDecn, EURUSDi, EURUSDm, EURUSDme, EURUSDpro, EURUSDt, "EUR.USD", "EUR/USD", "EURUSD!", "EURUSD#", "EURUSD.", "EURUSD..", "EURUSD.c", "EURUSD.cfx", "EURUSD.G", "EURUSD.i", "EURUSD.r", "EURUSD.SBe", "EURUSD.stp", "EURUSD+", "EURUSD-5", "EURUSD-g", "EURUSD-m", "EURUSD-sb", etc., Financial symbols with '-', '=', '_' and '+'

If the pattern your broker uses doesn't match the pattern of your signal provider's broker, you can't copy the signal/open a trade.

If the naming pattern of your charts isn't exactly “BasQuo” then hard coded symbols fails.

Don't hard code things; just use the predefined _Symbol, or add/remove the adornments during processing.
          I need to know how to fill an enum or get a drop down list, with a string array :)) - MQL4 programming forum #10 2020.06.12

Many thanks for this.
Reason: