Missing data on BTC/EUR and BTC/USD Metaquotes demo server

Hi,

I want to start backtesting some strategies with bitcoin using MT5 and the Metaquotes demo server.

I noticed that many days of data are missing and especially the weekend data. What is the reason? How to fill the gaps?

I tried requesting the data in the symbols dialog but it doesn't return the missing days.

Thanks

ptr200

MetaQuotes demo server?

The people are using MetaQuotes-Demo to test beta builds of MT5 and to update Metatrader to the new builds (because MetaQuotes company is not a broker).
You can select the brokers and open demo accounts with them (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, and some of them are proposing BTC pairs to trade).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MetaQuotes-Demo

Sergey Golubev, 2020.09.25 07:46

MetaQuotes-Demo server/account is mostly used to test beta versions of Metatrader and to update Metatrader to the new builds.
Anyway, it is the procedure about how to open this demo account:

Thanks for your answer,

I had tried with a demo account with the Blueberry Markets broker and and they also suffer from the same missing data...

Will try other brokers.

Regards,
ptr200

How do I add a stock symbol to MT5?
How do I add a stock symbol to MT5?
  • www.mql5.com
I am subscribed to Just2Trade-MT5 on a MT5 Demo account. How do I get marketwatch to show tickers instead of forex...

Thanks,

Does anyone have other confirmed brokers that have full bitcoin data with no gaps on weekends on a demo account?

I tried a few up to now to no avail except Just2Trade which has BTCUSD without gaps. (better than nothing)

And I wish to use MT5, not MT4.

Thanks
ptr200

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
, then each symbol positions will be closed in the same order, in which they are opened, starting with the oldest one. In case of an attempt to close positions in a different order, the trader will receive an appropriate error. There are several types of accounts that can be opened on a trade server. The type of account on which an MQL5 program...
Reason: