Is a Indicator or Expert Advisor EX5 file compiled by Cloud Protection of MT5 safe and cannot be cracked ?

HI, 

I want to know how safe is a expert advisor ex5 file which is compiled by cloud protection service of meta trader 5. If its a normally compiled people can crack it but if it is generated by cloud protection and then the EX5 is generated then is it Most safe to share and people cannot be able to crack it. 

Thanks

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Where Do I start from?

Sergey Golubev, 2018.10.09 15:14

And this information may be interesting to the people who are developing indicators/EAs/scripts and worry about possible decompilation of ex4/ex5 files - 

----------------

MQL5 Cloud Protector: Advanced protection for programs 

MQL5 Cloud Protector: Advanced protection for programs

MQL5 Cloud Protector is an online service that proves advanced protection for MQL-programs.

Executable files EX4/EX5 are reliably protected from decompilation. MQL5 Cloud Protector provides an advanced protection level for your applications. A similar method is used in the largest store of trading applications MetaTrader Market, where the EX4/EX5 product files submitted by sellers are additionally compiled tonative code. The only difference of MQL5 Cloud Protector from the mechanism used in the Market, is that the file is not linked to the user's computer. It can be run on any computer similar to common EX4/EX5 files.

MQL5 Cloud Protector is a secure service. Additional protection is only applied to a compiled file. The source code is not passed to the service. First, the program code is compiled into an EX4/EX5 file on the user's computer. Further on, the executable part of the file is sent to the service via a secure connection. The service encrypts the file using modern asymmetric algorithms and signs it using a unique private key.

Sergey Golubev:
Thanks I have used this feature to Lock and make secure the ex5 file and share to people

I have used this and finally made many ex5 with cloud protection and now I shared that EA file and I am worrying that whether that person can Crack that or not. I locked it with MT5 ID and expiry date also. Is it a Safe file(ex5 made from cloud protection option) to share to people

William Roeder:

There has been zero proof that any ex4/5 can be decompiled since Build 600+ 2014.02.03
          Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway (MetaQuotes Software Corp.) - MQL4 programming forum 2013.07.24
          Code Protection: New MQL4 language(Build 600+) decompilation protection and other crack techniques. (Macos Silva) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2 2014.02.19

Thanks This means there is nothing to worry as can't be decompiled and the Encryption key is with me I mean linked with my account and that cannot be shared to them until I deliberately give it

Hi, I have tested the Mql5 Cloud Protection featurefor locking the MT5 indicator and EA files and it works well.... 

Please tell me how secure is the MT4 locking also. If I use MQL5 Cloud Protection in Meta Editor 4 to Lock my MQ4 Code. Is that easily crackable.... Please reply

Thanks,

Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Today's computers spend most of their time idle and do not use all the features of their CPU. Now you can benefit from the spare power of your PC. You can sell your computer's CPU time to other members of our network community for a variety of tasks like optimizing Expert Advisors optimization or developing mathematical models. Join the MQL5...

er.arpit09:

Hi, I have tested the Mql5 Cloud Protection featurefor locking the MT5 indicator and EA files and it works well.... 

Please tell me how secure is the MT4 locking also. If I use MQL5 Cloud Protection in Meta Editor 4 to Lock my MQ4 Code. Is that easily crackable.... Please reply

Thanks,

It is same for MT4 code and for MT5 code (because it is same MQL5 Cloud Protection and same MetaEditor).

Sergey Golubev:
It is same for MT4 code and for MT5 code (because it is same MQL5 Cloud Protection and same MetaEditor)

Thanks... So Its same Secure if I lock by it from My mql5 account then it will be secure to give the generated ex4 file to Client

Yes, MQL5 Cloud Protection works on the same way for MT4 and MT5 ex4/ex5 files.

By the way - you can use the Market for the clients:

How to Post a Product in the Market
How to Post a Product in the Market
  • www.mql5.com
Publish your interesting applications in the Market, and they will be immediately available to all traders who use MetaTrader 5 worldwide. The Market is a great opportunity to earn, with an immediate transfer to the account and convenient statistics to help you analyze purchases and downloads of demo versions of your products. All MQL5 programs in the Market are automatically encrypted for a specific buyer, allowing 5 or more activations, and do not require additional protection from your side.
Reason: