Why are there symbols behind my currency pairing?

Sean Yong
Sean Yong  

I'm curious about why does some brokers have symbols behind their pairings (eg. EURUSD. , EURUSD, , EURUSD.var) and some brokers don't have the symbol (eg. EURUSD ). 

I came across a few brokers without any symbols and some with a dot behind every pairing. This is confusing me as some people say that brokers' pairings which has symbols is considered fake and it's a scam.

Can anyone verify this and give me a correct answer?

Thanks !

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

What is "cfx" mean at the end of the currency pair?

William Roeder, 2020.04.01 15:08

Broker's use a variety of naming patterns: EURUSD, EURUSDc, EURUSDct, EURUSDecn, EURUSDi, EURUSDm, EURUSDpro, EURUSDt, "EUR.USD", "EUR/USD", "EURUSD!", "EURUSD#", "EURUSD.", "EURUSD..", "EURUSD.c", "EURUSD.cfx", "EURUSD.G", "EURUSD.SBe", "EURUSD.stp", "EURUSD+", "EURUSD-5", "EURUSD-sb", etc.

I'd guess: Contract For Difference eXchange.

Sean Yong
Sean Yong  
Sergey Golubev:

Still a little confusing to me, any detailed explanation on this topic?
Dr. Zaman Khan
Dr. Zaman Khan  

@Sean Yong

The prefix and suffix are from their Liquidly Provider (LP)

In MT4 backoffice, the broker admin can determine which LP supply which quotes with those suffix/prefix

As simple as that. 

Sean Yong
Sean Yong  
Dr. Zaman Khan:

@Sean Yong

The prefix and suffix are from their Liquidly Provider (LP)

In MT4 backoffice, the broker admin can determine which LP supply which quotes with those suffix/prefix

As simple as that. 

ah okay, so the symbol and everything is just nothing important and is set by the LP?

Does this mean that if i use brokers with pairings that has no symbols has no LP? or it doesnt?

William Roeder
William Roeder  
How do you expect us users to know what your broker's symbols mean? Ask them.