Why are there symbols behind my currency pairing?

I'm curious about why does some brokers have symbols behind their pairings (eg. EURUSD. , EURUSD, , EURUSD.var) and some brokers don't have the symbol (eg. EURUSD ). 

I came across a few brokers without any symbols and some with a dot behind every pairing. This is confusing me as some people say that brokers' pairings which has symbols is considered fake and it's a scam.

Can anyone verify this and give me a correct answer?

Thanks !

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

What is "cfx" mean at the end of the currency pair?

William Roeder, 2020.04.01 15:08

Broker's use a variety of naming patterns: EURUSD, EURUSDc, EURUSDct, EURUSDecn, EURUSDi, EURUSDm, EURUSDpro, EURUSDt, "EUR.USD", "EUR/USD", "EURUSD!", "EURUSD#", "EURUSD.", "EURUSD..", "EURUSD.c", "EURUSD.cfx", "EURUSD.G", "EURUSD.SBe", "EURUSD.stp", "EURUSD+", "EURUSD-5", "EURUSD-sb", etc.

I'd guess: Contract For Difference eXchange.

Sergey Golubev:

Still a little confusing to me, any detailed explanation on this topic?

@Sean Yong

The prefix and suffix are from their Liquidly Provider (LP)

In MT4 backoffice, the broker admin can determine which LP supply which quotes with those suffix/prefix

As simple as that. 

Dr. Zaman Khan:

@Sean Yong

The prefix and suffix are from their Liquidly Provider (LP)

In MT4 backoffice, the broker admin can determine which LP supply which quotes with those suffix/prefix

As simple as that. 

ah okay, so the symbol and everything is just nothing important and is set by the LP?

Does this mean that if i use brokers with pairings that has no symbols has no LP? or it doesnt?

How do you expect us users to know what your broker's symbols mean? Ask them.
Reason: