Need help installing MT 5 indicators.

Hi,

I have a problem of installing MT5 indicators. My system is Vista Home Premium, Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU 64-bit.

I tried to follow some process but it seems not working. I will appreciate it if someone can give a step by step direction on what to do to get this thing working for me.

It will be okay if institutions could be given also on how to install Expert adviser and Scripts too.

Thanks.

Could you describe what problem do you have? Any screenshots, logs?

Have you read client terminal help?

alexvd:

Could you describe what problem do you have? Any screenshots, logs?

Have you read client terminal help?

Thanks Alex.

Whenever i download an indicator either by trying to complies it with MT5 compiler or actually instal it into MT5 in these order : MT5>Indicator> example . When i restart the system, the indicator loaded which i downloaded will not show up at all

Somebody said i can make a folder for each indicator and that it will work but did not. My system is Pentium Vista 64-bit. Is anything i need to do about this?

dtradenet:

Thanks Alex.

Whenever i download an indicator either by trying to complies it with MT5 compiler or actually instal it into MT5 in these order : MT5>Indicator> example . When i restart the system, the indicator loaded which i downloaded will not show up at all

Somebody said i can make a folder for each indicator and that it will work but did not. My system is Pentium Vista 64-bit. Is anything i need to do about this?

How do you download your indicator? Where do you save them?

alexvd:

How do you download your indicator? Where do you save them?

Thanks. I was able to compile some i downloaded over mql5.com with some success. Some that i downloaded and actally instal into my program are the ones not showing up. I normally instal it this way os(c)>program files>Windsor Trader5>MQL5>Indicators. (if it is a script, >scripts ; into Experts if it is an Expert; Include if it falls under Include) Is there anything am doing differently or wrongly so to speak that makes indicators or Expert Adviser not to be showing up? I went though the help manual but still can makes it to work. For example the Elliot wave expert on" https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/260?source=metaeditor5_article" did not show up. If you don't mind could you tell me steps to be taking in installing indicators and expert like the Elliot wave, since am only familiar with MT 4 and not so much with MT5. Once again thanks so much.
The Implementation of Automatic Analysis of the Elliott Waves in MQL5
  • Roman Martynyuk
  • www.mql5.com
One of the most popular methods of market analysis is the Elliott Wave Principle. However, this process is quite complicated, which leads us to the use of additional tools. One of such instruments is the automatic marker. This article describes the creation of an automatic analyzer of Elliott Waves in MQL5 language.

Please execute the "Open Data Folder" command in the "File" menu of your terminal. Which folder is opened?

alexey_petrov:
Please execute the "Open Data Folder" command in the "File" menu of your terminal. Which folder is opened?

Yah, seen what i have not noticed before    C:\Users\owner\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\306FD4003AEE12905991C007C100CB55\MQL5

That was all i saw when i open "open Data Folder" Is it here that i should have done the installation? Like the case of the Elliot wave EA, i tried to instal it here, seen then EA in the navigating window but could not see any wave count when it was applied to the chart. Thanks.

So you finally started the EA?

You should try to start the EA on a W1 or MN timeframe. Then press "Begin Analysis" button, and after you see that the analysis is finished, press "Show results".

I too am having this problem..

No matter what i do i cant see the indicator.

If i compile the indicator from the folder i originally downloaded it too, it compiles ok, and then if i "save as" to the indicators folder, it asks to overwrite  the copy i previously placed there.

So the indi is in the correct folder just not visible.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled mt5 to no avail

Hello, 

I have read the coments before but i have the same problem. The elloit_wave_en EA is downloaded on my pc.

The script is working now in expert, but the indicators aren't working.

In the downloaded file are 2 folders. First one is the script folder wichone i have paste in the expert folder. But an other folder in the downloaded strategy is 'include'. the files in this folder ( analyses function.mqh, data function.mqh, rules function.mqh) must be the indicators for the script. If i paste these .mqh files in the follow map:

C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Include

the strategy doesn't work.

Can anyone help me and mabey give some screenshots?

Thnxs 

lamme.vandriel:

The script is working now in expert, but the indicators aren't working.

What indicators do you mean? There are no indicators, only include files. What result do you get after attaching the EA to a chart and which timeframe do you use?
Reason: