MT5 Custom Symbols: Impossible to backtest a CFD if different than USD

Hi,

I have 3 Custom Symbols:

EURUSD3  (copy from Forex\Majors\EURUSD)
US303 (copy from Indices\Indices Spot\Major Spot Indices\US30)
DE303 (copy from Indices\Indices Spot\Major Spot Indices\DE30)

I have imported tick data for each symbol, Charts for each symbol are ok, no problem.

If I try to backtest US303(=US30), no problem.
If I try to backtest DE303(=DE30), I get the following error messages:

"EURUSD: no data synchronized, 27 bytes read
"symbol EURUSD history synchronization error
"no prices for symbol EURUSD"

I haven't downloaded any data, my MT5 is offline.

What's wrong with DE303 backtesting?   MT5 should find EURUSD3, correct?

Thanks
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / History Database Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / History Database Properties
  • www.mql5.com
When accessing timeseries the SeriesInfoInteger() function is used for obtaining additional symbol information. Identifier of a required property is passed as the function parameter. The identifier can be one of values of ENUM_SERIES_INFO_INTEGER.

please reply. Thanks

up

and up again - please reply

Hi,
Just copy all details of the symbol infos, INTO the new symbol details, like as base currency, minimum volume ...
I hope you for it.

!! I'm far from being a beginner. Of course I already did, stop wasting my time by giving OBVIOUS information.

Doesn't work wih 2715:

I have 3 Custom Symbols:

EURUSD3  (copy from Forex\Majors\EURUSD)
US303 (copy from Indices\Indices Spot\Major Spot Indices\US30)
DE303 (copy from Indices\Indices Spot\Major Spot Indices\DE30)

I have imported tick data for each symbol, Charts for each custom symbol are ok, no problem.

If I try to backtest US303(=US30), no problem.
If I try to backtest DE303(=DE30), I get the following error messages:

"EURUSD: no data synchronized, 27 bytes read
"symbol EURUSD history synchronization error
"no prices for symbol EURUSD"

I haven't downloaded any history data, my MT5 is offline.

What's wrong with DE303 backtesting?   MT5 should find EURUSD3 if any convertion from euros to dollars are needed, correct?

Thanks

• www.mql5.com
History Database Properties - Trade Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Same happening to me, keep receiving :

2021.04.22 20:09:20.441 ETHUSDcustom: history synchronization error [apply error]

This is so frustrating... the worse thing is that the backtest worked once, and then this error started

anything I do change this... 

Joao Pedro Aguilera Cardoso:

Same happening to me, keep receiving :

2021.04.22 20:09:20.441 ETHUSDcustom: history synchronization error [apply error]

This is so frustrating... the worse thing is that the backtest worked once, and then this error started

anything I do change this... 

ok, i just created a new symbol logged in another account and now its working!!!

I would suspect following:

The currency of the non working symbols is unrelated to the account currency. Hence you need the data between the base currency of your symbol and your account currency for margin calculations to work.

When your account currency is different from the symbols, like this: Account USD, traded symbol: AUDCAD, you in fact trade two symbols at the same time: USDAUD and AUDCAD.

To calculate the margin, both quotes are needed.

Reason: