Is it possible to duplicate internal tools like Fibonacci Retracement (MT5)?

Hi everyone,

I (mis)use the Fibonacci tool by either changing the values to use it to estimate risk/reward, or changing the values to use my own retracement and target values.

Switching between the two sets of values every time is annoying though.

Is it possible to duplicate the internal Fibonacci Retracement tool so that I can have two separate Objects that I can insert in the chart, each with their own saved settings/values?

Yes.

Marco vd Heijden:
Yes.

thanks for replying!

How would one go about that? The links below my previous message have no replies and I didn't find anything by googling.

And I do not mean duplicating an object that already exists in the chart, but really duplicating the tool itself, in the 'Insert, Objects' menu

You can not alter or add elements to the application menu but you can make the tool as a script and run it from then navigator, that's how all things work in MetaTrader. 

See here https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/objectconstants/enum_object/obj_fibo

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types / OBJ_FIBO
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types / OBJ_FIBO
  • www.mql5.com
//| Create Fibonacci Retracement by the given coordinates            |               time1=0,                            price1=0,                         time2=0,                            price2=0,                        width=1,            //

Marco vd Heijden:

You can not alter or add elements to the application menu but you can make the tool as a script and run it from then navigator, that's how all things work in MetaTrader. 

See here https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/objectconstants/enum_object/obj_fibo

Thank you, this is amazing and very promising!

It works, I used this code (and deleted what was not needed) and it worked.

Now I just need to find if there is a way to programmatically modify the default settings (such as Fib Levels)

EDIT: I managed everything, this is beyond what I hoped for! And you can personalise it far more than the original Fib Retracement tool.

Thanks again!

Was you able to make this work ?

Im very not good with creating this things. Would you mind sharing directions or a video on how to do it if so.

Also can this be created as 1 stop loss to 1 and 2 target

Thanks in advance

Forexit #:

Now I just need to find if there is a way to programmatically modify the default settings (such as Fib Levels)

EDIT: I managed everything, this is beyond what I hoped for! And you can personalise it far more than the original Fib Retracement tool.

Thanks again!

Hi Forexit...

Greetings mate. I am looking for exactly this as a Script and require multiple instances of different FIBO settings for different strategies. Could you share this Script or show me the actual coding that you modified to get it working, please. I am no Coder and can somehow try to understand from the source code provided. I hope you could share this tool. Much thanks in advance. Cheers mate

Forexit #:

Thanks again!

Hell you can modify Fibo levels by studying this code available in codebase

Fibonacci Retracement with Custom Values
Fibonacci Retracement with Custom Values
  • www.mql5.com
This script draws Fibonacci Retracement OBJ_FIBO with options to add your own custom values
Reason: