How do I become a programmer?

Please I am a manual trader and have no knowledge of programing, what do need to become a programmer?

Hi you can start here https://www.mql5.com/en/docs
MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
MQL5 Reference - How to use algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaQuotes Language 5 (MQL5) is a high-level language designed for developing technical indicators, trading robots and utility applications, which automate financial trading. MQL5 has been developed by MetaQuotes Software Corp. for their trading platform. The language syntax is very close to C++ enabling programmers to develop applications in...

MT4: Learn to code it.
MT5: Begin learning to code it.

If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into your code.

William Roedre:

MT4: Learn to code it.
MT5: Begin learning to code it.

If you don't learn MQL4/5, there is no common language for us to communicate. If we tell you what you need, you can't code it. If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into your code.

Thank you
Marco vd Heijden:
Hi you can start here https://www.mql5.com/en/docs

Thank you to William Roedre and  Marco vd Heijden for your reply, but do I need to learn any programming language like C++, JAVA, ORACLE before coming to MQL4/MQL5.

You can learn other language's too, but you can also learn MQLx directly there are video courses and books and we have a lot of articles and a gigantic free code base with many many examples.

It all depends on what you want to achieve. 

Henry Chidubem Onyewuchi:
Please I am a manual trader and have no knowledge of programing, what do need to become a programmer?

Answer to yourself the following questions:

1- Which markets do you operate?

2- What are the automated platforms available to these markets?

3- Which is the best? Even if it is a Paid one...

4- Who are the Brokers who allow yo uto run this platform with your needs fully accomplished?

5- What are the Total Cost of Operation?

Studying a programming language takes a WHILE and a HUGE effort on your side! You don't want to bet on the wrong horse... Choose wisely.

;)

Reason: