Error when running MT5 in windows

When trying to run MT5 on my windows computer (windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1909, Build 18363.1082) i get the attached error message (See screenshot).

It used to work last month but now for some reason it does not (maybe a windows upgrade caused it?)

Error message says: "The procedure entry point SecurityW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\ProgramFiles\MetaTraderMy 5\terminal64.exe".

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MT5 with the latest version from my broker and from the MQL5 web site but I get the same error when trying to run it.

MT4 is running with no problem. Problem only with MT5.

Many Thanks for your help!

TraderUK67:

When trying to run MT5 on my windows computer (windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1909, Build 18363.1082) i get the attached error message (See screenshot).

It used to work last month but now for some reason it does not (maybe a windows upgrade caused it?)

Error message says: "The procedure entry point SecurityW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\ProgramFiles\MetaTraderMy 5\terminal64.exe".

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling MT5 with the latest version from my broker and from the MQL5 web site but I get the same error when trying to run it.

MT4 is running with no problem. Problem only with MT5.

Many Thanks for your help!

hi, Any feedback to my issue? Many Thx!

This is a bad error :)
I recommend reinstalling your windows if it's a very old installation with a lot of upgrades.

I found the following by googling:

This error is mostly caused by a corrupted dll file, other configuration files, drivers, or a bad configuration and can be fixed by either fixing or replacing the dll files, performing a system restore, reinstalling a fresh copy of the application, or updating to the latest version. For a quick work around, try running the 32 bit version of the application if it’s available.

Google 《  The procedure entry point ‘name’ could not be located in the dynamic link library  》
You're going to find tutorials and videos to solve this problem.

Ehsan Tarakemeh:
This is a bad error :)
I recommend reinstalling your windows if it's a very old installation with a lot of upgrades.

I found the following by googling:

This error is mostly caused by a corrupted dll file, other configuration files, drivers, or a bad configuration and can be fixed by either fixing or replacing the dll files, performing a system restore, reinstalling a fresh copy of the application, or updating to the latest version. For a quick work around, try running the 32 bit version of the application if it’s available.

Google 《  The procedure entry point ‘name’ could not be located in the dynamic link library  》
You're going to find tutorials and videos to solve this problem.

Many Thx for your feedback! Much appreciated! Unfortunately this is a recently new windows install and reinstalling windows is something I would like to avoid due to the high effort and time involved... Also all other software on the laptop is running fine.... Maybe other suggestions / options to try first?

Reason: