MT4/5: News tab - Which Broker is the best?

Hi,

For years ive used MT4/MT5 terminals' 'news' tabs as SOME brokers offer amazing macro-fundamental information on there (see photo attached).

However, not all brokers are the same. 90% of brokers dont even offer a news service. Probably 2% of all brokers offer a good live-news update.

So im asking, what brokers do you know/ use that are good?

As an example the few brokers i have found are - <deleted> and <deleted>. You can open demos on the accounts (dont even need to visit the broker just search on the MT4 terminal) and then check the news tab and youll see. For example, if GDP is released at 13:00 the print will come through within seconds, its like a free bloomberg terminal.

Please let me know which ones you have found.

Files:
ytgfd.PNG  191 kb

Discussion (especially recommendation) about the brokers is prohibited on the forum.

For information.

Myles Crouch-Anderson:

Hi,

For years ive used MT4/MT5 terminals' 'news' tabs as SOME brokers offer amazing macro-fundamental information on there (see photo attached).

However, not all brokers are the same. 90% of brokers dont even offer a news service. Probably 2% of all brokers offer a good live-news update.

So im asking, what brokers do you know/ use that are good?

As an example the few brokers i have found are - <deleted> and <deleted>. You can open demos on the accounts (dont even need to visit the broker just search on the MT4 terminal) and then check the news tab and youll see. For example, if GDP is released at 13:00 the print will come through within seconds, its like a free bloomberg terminal.

Please let me know which ones you have found.

These fin. news are (now) provided by MetaQuotes and they get it from the sources directly.

Just see here: https://www.mql5.com/en/economic-calendar

Economic calendar - real-time news and reports, as well as the schedule of forthcoming world economy events
Economic calendar - real-time news and reports, as well as the schedule of forthcoming world economy events
  • www.mql5.com
Economic calendar includes most important economic indicators and events from ministries and agencies of different countries. The Calendar is useful for traders in the forex market, stock exchanges and other financial markets.

Sergey Golubev:
Discussion (especially recommendation) about the brokers is prohibited on the forum.

For information.

Yes i know this, i really wasnt recommending a broker lol. Im talking about the unique live news feed they offer for free via the MT4 terminal. Like i said, unfortunately, most brokers DONT offer any. So i have to mention the names so people can find the good live-news. This can make a huge difference. Getting Fed/ FOMC information within seconds vs traditional 'economic-calendars' which take 5 minutes to update and economic calendars never include the qualitive info (highlights of what members said). The News tab for these brokers offer all economic calendar data AND the central bank statement highlights INSTANTLY. Something which isnt availabnle for free anywhere.  Some of the brokers are paying top $$$ for a reuters/ bloomberg feed and i thought its good to pass this information on.

Carl Schreiber:

These fin. news are (now) provided by MetaQuotes and they get it from the sources directly.

Just see here: https://www.mql5.com/en/economic-calendar

Thanks for the reply!

I havent tried the MQL5 economic calendar yet BUT still, the 'news' tab info imo is better because it is on the terminal. So you can see the news come through without having to exit the terminal - more convenient to trade. Plus, having tried everything over the years,  the 'news' tab actually tends to be MUCH faster & more reliable than economic calendars - some brokers have linked the news tab to reuters/ dow jones/ Bloomberg news sources so it's rapid.

Also, have you seen the qualitative data that comes through on the 'news' tab? For example, during a Fed/ FOMC decision highlights from their actual statements/ speeches come through as they talk or as soon as the minutes are release. This is something the economic calendar doesnt include? And in the 'news' it includes macro analysis from Dow/ reuters (depending where their feed is coming from) which is really cool.

The news in the terminal are the news from MQ. It is an service offered the brokers that provide MT5.

More than that it is shown on the charts!

Carl Schreiber:

The news in the terminal are the news from MQ. It is an service offered the brokers that provide MT5.

More than that it is shown on the charts!

If its from MQ can i see the source? because the calendar doesnt show the FOMC/ FED minutes highlights? (see photo) or other research? (see photo).

Im sure it looks like its from an external source like reuters/ dow jones not MQ? (see photo)

As youve seen by the attachments theres several information pieces from big tier 1 investment banks? Goldman Boa credit suisse. Plus the standard fed highlights?

What do you think about this?

this is on MT4 btw.

Files:
goldman.PNG  191 kb
BoA.PNG  211 kb
gvfcvbb.PNG  217 kb
1.PNG  195 kb

MQ pulls them directly from the source at the first moments after the release.

MQ offers everybody a widget for their website for free: https://www.mql5.com/en/economic-calendar/widgets>

But don't expect to trade this successfully. The big money has a better access, and by far faster (direct and paid) connection while the brokers for us normal people may well delay the course or, in very explosive situations, just don't offer any courses at all.
Either you accept this or you would have to try to get the big money.

Economic calendar widget
Economic calendar widget
  • www.mql5.com
Set (customize) and place the economic calendar widget on your website with automatic updates in real time.
Reason: