Can meta Trader operate on a non static IP address

I have a simple question:

Can meta Trader operate on a NON static IP address. 

ephraimpair:

I have a simple question:

Can meta Trader operate on a NON static IP address. 

yes, your desktop metatrader or mobile metatrader operate on a non-static ip address by default unless configured to use one like metatrader running on subscribed vps, regardless static or not, the limitation is internet.

Thanks Sardion,

Just to check...

I am very cybersecurity conscious.  As a result, my computer is  linked to a Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router so that I never use any hotspots. 

I want to trade using the Meta Trader but I  do NOT have a static IP address.

Every time I turn my laptop on it has a different IP address. 

Does that mean that once I install the MetaTrader, the next time I turn the computer on and wants to modify the Inputs, the MetaTrader (or perhaps the VPS)  will not recognise my IP address  ???

ephraimpair:

Thanks Sardion,

Just to check...

I am very cybersecurity conscious.  As a result, my computer is  linked to a Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router so that I never use any hotspots. 

Does that mean that once I install the MetaTrader, the next time I turn the computer on and wants to modify the Inputs, the MetaTrader (or perhaps the VPS)  will not recognise my IP address  ???

the only time when public static ip address is useful is when you install metatrader somewhere on remote computer/server and you want to access that remote computer/server to start trading via remote computer/server instead from your own computer. Other than this if your computer with metatrader installed connected to internet and to your broker you can trade

Thanks Sardion

You were a great help.  Much appreciated !!!

Thanks again.

ephraimpair:

1. So what?
  2. So what?
  3. Machine connects to the internet (your responsibility on how). Terminal uses the internet and connects to your broker (automatic).
  4. It doesn't care how. Does your browser care how? You're overthinking it!
Reason: