Real account / Demo account

I use MQL5 via traders. When I log in to Meta Trader via their website, it says that it is a real account. But when I log in with the same account number via mql5.com, it says that it is a demo account. Anyone know if this is what it should look like?

466994200:
I use MQL5 via traders. When I log in to Meta Trader via their website, it says that it is a real account. But when I log in with the same account number via mql5.com, it says that it is a demo account. Anyone know if this is what it should look

When You received those login details were you opening real account or Demo Account?

My broker said it was a real account

Is it possible for a broker to manipulate a demo account so that it appears to be real on their website?

466994200:
Is it possible for a broker to manipulate a demo account so that it appears to be real on their website?

No that would be unethical.

466994200:

There is a confusion over the term real/live account, real should be a trading account where you put real money in, some brokers use the term live for a real or demo account that has live data feed, so make sure what type of account you've opened (check the broker's email that you've received).

Absolutely very unethical. The question was more whether it is technically possible for a non-serious broker to use mql5 in that way?

466994200 But when I log in with the same account number via mql5.com, it says

That makes no sense. MetaQuotes doesn't need your trading account number. MetaQuotes is not a broker.

I think you have the usual confusion over MQL5 account and your trading account, they are 2 different things.

Your MQL5 account (created in this website) is used for buying/renting products and services in MQL5.com.

Your broker trading account (real or demo) is for trading in MT4/5 terminals.

Eleni; The email from the broker states that they have created a trading account.

When I was about to create an account with MQL5.com yesterday, they say that my information already exists. Then clicked on "forgot my password" and received

an email from MQL5.community to be able to create a new password. Then I could log in. How was that possible?

466994200:

Eleni; The email from the broker states that they have created a trading account.

When I was about to create an account with MQL5.com yesterday, they say that my information already exists. Then clicked on "forgot my password" and received

an email from MQL5.community to be able to create a new password. Then I could log in. How was that possible?

You continue to confuse your MQL5 account with your trading account, read my message above carefully.

Reason: