Looking for trade simulator

I am looking for a simulator that will run any chart at a specified scroll speed on a demo platform (using historical data already on my platform) so that I can manually test a strategy by stopping the scrolling and manually placing an order to open a position with SL and TP at the historical point I have stopped the scroll.

When the scroll recommences I would expect it to fill the order and obey the SL and TP orders, with a profit summary in the account history. My preference is to run it on M1 timeframe.

This is similar to running the built in EA tester but I do not have an EA and therefore wish to place the trades manually. 

This is in reality sort of a simulated live trade (using historical data) but just sped up - it takes too long using M1 to advance one candle at a time manually.

Ideally it would use tick data but don't know if this is possible

pettros:

I am looking for a simulator that will run any chart at a specified scroll speed on a demo platform (using historical data already on my platform) so that I can manually test a strategy by stopping the scrolling and manually placing an order to open a position with SL and TP at the historical point I have stopped the scroll.

When the scroll recommences I would expect it to fill the order and obey the SL and TP orders, with a profit summary in the account history. My preference is to run it on M1 timeframe.

This is similar to running the built in EA tester but I do not have an EA and therefore wish to place the trades manually. 

This is in reality sort of a simulated live trade (using historical data) but just sped up - it takes too long using M1 to advance one candle at a time manually.

Ideally it would use tick data but don't know if this is possible

I suppose it's for MT4, so best to ask on mql4.com.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Hello,

This forum is about MT5/mql5, please post your question about MT4/mql4 on mql4.com forum.

• They are more people who can answer there.
  • They are more people who can have similar problem there.
  • A forum is not only to get help but to share with the community, mql4/MT4 community isn't the same as mql5/MT5 community.

sorry no it is for MT5 that is why it is in this forum.

I am experienced trader

angevoyageur:

I suppose it's for MT4, so best to ask on mql4.com.

it is for MT5

pettros:
it is for MT5

It looks what you're asking for is called "trading panel". You may search this site for free and paid implementations. Here is the search results from the code base.

Use it in the built-in visual tester. Of course, it supports tick-by-tick testing (but the ticks are generated artificially).

marketeer:

It looks what you're asking for is called "trading panel". You may search this site for free and paid implementations. Here is the search results from the code base.

Use it in the built-in visual tester. Of course, it supports tick-by-tick testing (but the ticks are generated artificially).

I don't think panels are working with Visual Tester.

marketeer:

thanks for your help marketeer, however I have not been able to make further headway with this. The liniks you gave me seem to refer to different types of order panels only which is not what I was looking for, so clearly I have not understood what you are saying and how to apply it to visual tester. Not to worry, over the weekend i have just continued with manual advancement of historical charts  and mentallly trading only as i need to keep going productively.

Once again thanks for your effort in trying to help

angevoyageur:
I don't think panels are working with Visual Tester.
I don't think you're right. How about this article -  https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1425?
Testing Visualization: Manual Trading - MQL4 Articles
  • www.mql5.com
Testing Visualization: Manual Trading - MQL4 Articles: strategy tester

pettros:

thanks for your help marketeer, however I have not been able to make further headway with this. The liniks you gave me seem to refer to different types of order panels only which is not what I was looking for, so clearly I have not understood what you are saying and how to apply it to visual tester. Not to worry, over the weekend i have just continued with manual advancement of historical charts  and mentallly trading only as i need to keep going productively.

Then please provide more info on what you need. It looked like you needed manual trading in MetaTrader tester.

marketeer:
I don't think you're right. How about this article -  https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1425?
I was talking about panels made with Standard Library.

pettros:

You can't place manual trade with the Strategy Tester. What you need is an EA which allow you to process your inputs and process it like it was a manual trade.

You probably need a good coder for that, or maybe it already exists somewhere in the Codebase or the Market.

Reason: