Do you have any experience that MQL5 VPS server down?

Dear experienced traders, 

I'm using a famous local remote desktop VPS, and I experienced a horrible server down this week. 

It happened suddenly and EA can't do anything during around 6 hours and the VPS was restarted after the server down. 

Fortunately, I had some floating profit and close all position manually, but it is still very horrible. 

Do you have any experience that MQL5 VPS server down even you didn't change anything set for MQL5 VPS? 

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

Sky L:

Dear experienced traders, 

I'm using a famous local remote desktop VPS, and I experienced a horrible server down this week. 

It happened suddenly and EA can't do anything during around 6 hours and the VPS was restarted after the server down. 

Fortunately, I had some floating profit and close all position manually, but it is still very horrible. 

Do you have any experience that MQL5 VPS server down even you didn't change anything set for MQL5 VPS? 

Sky

I warned you about that dear. 

My long time experience with MQL5 VPS, has a couple of long (1-2 hours) server outages and some more often (once or twice a month) server upgrades or restarts that last for a few seconds.

Nevertheless the easiness of use and monitoring makes me a continuous user of MQL5 VPS, but I always checking MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journals, whenever I am in front of my PC (couple of times a day), to make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Icham Aidibe:

I warned you about that dear. 

Thank you, Icham. 

Which comment do you mean, I thought I remember every word you told me. 

Eleni Anna Branou:

My long time experience with MQL5 VPS, has a couple of long (1-2 hours) server outages and some more often server upgrades or restarts that last for a few seconds.

Nevertheless the easiness of use and monitoring makes me a continuous user of MQL5 VPS, but I always checking MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journals, whenever I am in front of my PC (couple of times a day), to make sure that everything runs smoothly.

Thank you so much, Eleni. 

Server outage is terrible for scalping. 

Do we need restart EA after MQL5 VPS restart? 

I remember you told me, we don't have to do anything after server upgrade. 

Sky 

Sky L:

Server outage is terrible for scalping. 

Do we need restart EA after MQL5 VPS restart? 

I remember you told me, we don't have to do anything after server upgrade. 

Sky 

Server outage is terrible, but the last I remember with MQL5 VPS must be 3 or 4 years ago, they must have really upgraded their infrastructure as they said.

Yes, after restarts or upgrades, your trading environment is loaded up again and everything runs smoothly a few seconds later, the only problem is that any virtual break even, stop loss or trailing settings that have been already applied are being reset.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Server outage is terrible, but the last I remember with MQL5 VPS must be 3 or 4 years ago, they must have really upgraded their infrastructure as they said.

Yes, after restarts or upgrades, your trading environment is loaded up again and everything runs smoothly a few seconds later, the only problem is that any virtual break even, stop loss or trailing settings that have been already applied are being reset.

>>the last I remember with MQL5 VPS must be 3 or 4 years ago, they must have really upgraded their infrastructure as they said.

Was it only for one location server(ex. London Server) or for all server? 

I think we can change the server location, if we could know it timely. 

Sky

Sky L:

>>the last I remember with MQL5 VPS must be 3 or 4 years ago, they must have really upgraded their infrastructure as they said.

Was it only for one location server(ex. London Server) or for all server? 

I think we can change the server location, if we could know it timely. 

Sky

It was a problem with a specific New York server, that took about 3-4 hours to resolve.

Eleni Anna Branou:

It was a problem with a specific New York server, that took about 3-4 hours to resolve.

Thank you so much, Eleni! 

Reason: