How Monitor your VPS from sudden rest or shutdown

How to monitor your vps in case of sudden restart or shut down, its risky if you use EA 

younis ha:
How to monitor your vps in case of sudden restart or shut down, its risky if you use EA 

From my multi year experience with MQL5 VPS, I had 1-2 issues of entirely stopped server.

Restarts or updates are most common (roughly once a month), but they usually occur on weekends or after midnight and last only for a few seconds.

If your EA takes care of its trades with a magic number and has any trade settings applied such as stop loss, break even or some trailing, these will be reset and applied again after the server restart.

There is really not any direct way of monitoring this situation, except of having a look on MQL5 VPS journal 1-2 times a day, something that is highly advised in any case of using an algo trading system.

younis ha:

I use "Pulseway" on my dedicated server to get notified when it's not online or runs into other problems. It works for me but I am not sure how many resources it takes.

Reason: